Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Funky Halloween Swap Signups thru 8-06-13 - Due 9-06-13

Okay, I've just reviewed all 15 pages of this Funky Halloween swap for 2013, and I'm inspired by the charm and creativity of all of your pictures and comments. COUNT ME IN, right now, for 2 biggish Blocks to swap. Question: SHOULD I count the 3 1/2 inch mini-blocks?
    My fabric talks to me.

Yonnikka, we're thrilled to have you join us! To answer your question, Should I count the 3 1/2 mini-blocks? You may include six 3.5" (unfinished) halloween blocks per each set of big blocks sets you swap. You can let me know by the closing date how many small sets you'd like to do. So if you make 2 biggish blocks sets, you then qualify to make 2 small sets! Happy sewing!

Quote Originally Posted by yonnikka View Post
    Okay, I've just reviewed all 15 pages of this Funky Halloween swap for 2013, and I'm inspired by the charm and creativity of all of your pictures and comments. COUNT ME IN, right now, for 2 biggish Blocks to swap. Question: SHOULD I count the 3 1/2 inch mini-blocks?

I wish someone would do another funky chicken swap. Hint, hint ... LOL!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

som
    Blog Entries
    I agree I love those funkey chickens

What is the funky chicken swap? I love doing swaps. On another note.....

I need help, I was sewing my Halloween blocks last night and my sewing machine started doing this.....

Name:  photo (3).JPG
Views: 96
Size:  216.1 KB

Any body know why? Much to my sadness, my machine is going to the sewing machine hospital. I am glad I have a backup sewing machine.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.

The photo above is of the back of the material, the thread is from the back.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.

Usually if the back of the fabric is messing up, it means the upper thread is out of whack somehow. Try re-threading it. Sometimes my upper thread jumps out of the first guide, and I get monstrous loops on the back.

If that doesn't work, check for any bits of lint or stray threads in the machine. Sometimes a tiny bit of lint in the bobbin area throws my machine off.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here.

No fun Lstew2212. I'm not very good as a sewing mechanic, but like moonrise says, redo the upper thread. Usually I've found that there is a thread stuck somewhere, or junk has collected in the bobbin or upper thread area. When my machine gets a little out of whack, I take out the bobbin & clean that area. i love to use canned air too. I sew with a lot of minky & so my machine fills up with extra threads. So I have to clean the bobbin area frequently & spray the canned air. Depending on your machine, some machines allow you to unscrew the top area & look for threads that are stuck. Once you clean out the junk, rethread, etc. it might work. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
    What is the funky chicken swap? I love doing swaps. On another note.....

I need help, I was sewing my Halloween blocks last night and my sewing machine started doing this.....

Name:  photo (3).JPG
Views: 96
Size:  216.1 KB

Any body know why? Much to my sadness, my machine is going to the sewing machine hospital. I am glad I have a backup sewing machine.

I love chickens! We have one chicken & one duck that hang out to gether. The rest of the chickens had their demise from the foxes, dogs etc. in the area. We didn't buy new chickens this year. They're quite a couple chick & duck.

What would you think, as an idea, of a swap with funky chickens & barns? I really liked the funky house swap I participated in. Thinking somehow of combining houses, barns & chickens? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
    I wish someone would do another funky chicken swap. Hint, hint ... LOL!

Oh yes please do have one. I would love to participate in it. I have some blocks from last year, but I need to have more for a big enough quilt.

Woo hoo a chickens, barns and houses swap! When are we gonna start it?
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast