Well after much thought I have decided to run a one time only HOLIDAY MUG RUG SWAP. Now listen closely: this is Due by Dec. 1st for shipping and should be a holiday gift but not a holiday fabric mug rug. I think this gift is best used if its in a fabric that would be nice to have out all year round. So pull your fabrics carefully. What is a mug rug? A mug rug is an item you use to hold your cup of coffee or tea or soda and a small snack plate/napkin beside it. So it should be bigger than a coaster and smaller than a place mat. I like them about 7 or 8 inches by 9. The size is up to you. Maybe you think square is better. The details follow.
1. You will be assigned a secret partner for your swap. YOU DO not tell them who you are or let them know as well its a secret!
2. You must hand quilt your mug rug in a fashion that you are most comfortable with. If you don't know how to paper piece maybe stick to regular piecing for this item. It must be sewn, with 100 percent quilters cotton, bound, and with batting in between to protect furniture from possible destruction due to heat/cold. Be creative. Send something you would be proud to put out yourself. Be kind about what you receive. Any complaints MUST COME TO ME ONLY. Let me deal with anything please. The quilting board is a place we all come to enjoy ourselves, make friends, share ideas. Not everyone is a perfect quilter. BUT everyone tries. We all started somewhere so be considerate when posting.
3. You must send by Dec. 1st and send me notice that you have sent to your partner. Any delays must be shared with me prior to this date. I want everyone to receive a partners trade.
4. You are free to include tea/coffee and a small treat to go with your mug rug. If your feeling very generous you can even include a book or a mug! fat quarters or other fabric related items are also perfect little add on's...any of the above are always loved. YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO DO THIS however.
5. NO opening your package until Dec. 15th when we will all open on the same day and post pictures of what we got. (note: take a picture before you send in case your partner cant post their gift.)
5. Any questions? contact me immediately and I will help you get started.
SIGN UP TODAY! You must send a private PM to me letting me know: name, address, phone number for emergency use by me only, and if you have a color or theme you love the most please let me know. Names will be given out Oct. 10th in private emails to keep things secret! so sign up today!