I Spy Swap and Picnic Theme Twist

I Spy Swap and Picnic Theme Twist

Old 06-28-2014, 06:31 AM

Default I Spy Swap and Picnic Theme Twist

Spy Swap Dead Line to Join is August 18th,2014

Please cut your charms before joining.

Charms need to be in my hands by August 22th, 2014
Will start swapping on August 23rd, 2014

If you would like to be part of the I Spy Charm Swap, here are the guidelines. Please read carefully:

1. Please pm me telling me that you want to enter the swap. In the pm please tell me how many sets you want to do,name and address along with board name. I will then send you a pm giving you my mailing address.

2. We will be swapping sets of 20 charm squares, each 5 inch square. You may send more than one set of 20 charms, up to 6 sets. Each set that you send to me CAN be cut from the same fabric (or 20 different fabrics) . You should be able to cut 20 five inch squares from around 1/2 yard of fabric depending on the design spacing. If you send more than one set, please use a different fabric for each set. I will divide up the charms randomly and return back to you 20 different charms per set. At least that is the goal, and I will try hard to do that! (If you send several sets, please realize that you might get duplicate charms in return.) If you do the twist no fabric from your originals are to be in there.

3. Please send 100 percent cotton only. Prewash or not prewash is exceptable . Squares should be carefully rotary cut from 100% cotton fabric. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tears, draggin', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or are fairly easy to see through are not good candidates for this swap.

Please be advised that fabrics that are not square, squares too wonky or too off grain, squares that are shedding, squares that contain selvages, or those that are not 5" square will be returned unswapped. Be accurate in cutting the 5 inch squares. The novelty design should be good size, not tiny...it needs to be easily recognizable from a distance.Try to have the character centered on the charm as much as possible.

Be creative in your shopping...it would be great to not have too many sending me the same fabrics! In doing this I've only had a couple doubles. If you want you could post pictures of fabric it helps others in what they will send. Not a must though. Please no flowers, lines, solids,etc. These will be returned to you. We need more children fabric. Trucks, houses, food, characters , sports, camping, lets did dig deep and send in different things. License fabric is welcome. Children's fabrics please!!

4. Place each set of 20 charms in a zip lock sandwich size baggie. INCLUDE your name, address, and QB name on a piece of paper and put it inside baggies. Please buy postage or concealed cash put in your envelopes. You just need to give me the correct postage. If postage is not included I will have to wait to send your charms back until you send the correct postage. I will provide flat rate envelopes they cost $5.95 now. Try to get the new "forever" postage that's available for flat rate. anyone who sends that won't need to send cash, and won't need to worry about rate changes. Please include an address label to return to you.
****Outside the US needs to add more postage for it will cost more. I'm sure when you send it you will know what to send. Please send correct amount for I will not ship until correct amount is received.****

5. The last day for me to receive the charms is August 23rd, 2014. I will post when I receive your charms. If you are sending them from outside the US, please keep this in mind as it sometimes takes weeks for packages to arrive. I will divide up the charms During the week and send out by August 27th, 2014. Anything received after August 23rd. will be returned to you.

6. Now for the TWIST Picnic Theme
We will do 6 sets of 20 blocks each picnic theme. Put each set in its own Baggie . You need two have at least two sets in the original swap.
Now this means anything you would take on a picnic. Can be clouds, insects, bugs, foods etc. let's be creative.

Remember to send in what you would like to receive back.
Let’s have tons of fun,and of course you have to follow all the basic rules, found here.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm
Old 07-11-2014, 03:13 AM

Great! I had some neat spiders ready for the July swap, but I will save them for the picnic twist.

Since the 2 swaps are so close together, is it okay to mail July & August to you at the same time as long as charm sets are clearly marked?
Old 07-11-2014, 08:43 AM

Sign me up for August Owlie, I'm in for 6 sets already cut. I think I will try to find fabric for the twist also. Will have to let you know on that though, after payday.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:00 PM

Excited to join the group and start swapping.

Since this is my first time participating in the group, I hope I got it right.

I have 3 ready for the regular swap and 3 for the picnic twist.

We are going on a picnic, and I am bringing Bananas, Clouds, and Cartoony Pine Trees.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:30 AM

Sounds like fun Midlands-Lady. These swaps are a lot of fun. And you get a lot of fun charms to use.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:26 AM

Where has this swap been hiding? It's just what I need... since I volunteered to make a quilt or two for a local fundraising event. Right away I thought of an I SPY type quilt and 5" will be perfect. Easy to sew, Easy to quilt, Easy to finish!

I'll pull fabrics and cut soon, but in the meantime, I'm signing up to this thread to receive updates.

Nan - IN
Old 07-15-2014, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere View Post
Where has this swap been hiding? It's just what I need... since I volunteered to make a quilt or two for a local fundraising event. Right away I thought of an I SPY type quilt and 5" will be perfect. Easy to sew, Easy to quilt, Easy to finish!

Nan - IN
There still is another open swap of charms - with a winter/Christmas twist - still time to sign up! I think a Christmas quilt would be a good fundraiser also. There also is a block swap open with either Halloween blocks (a lot of really cute pictures have been posted. or Christmas that just was listed maybe yesterday. A way to get a lot of cute blocks.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Library.Lil View Post
Great! I had some neat spiders ready for the July swap, but I will save them for the picnic twist.

Since the 2 swaps are so close together, is it okay to mail July & August to you at the same time as long as charm sets are clearly marked?
Yes this would be fine with me. Just make sure they are clearly marked. I have the envelopes all ready.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:30 AM

I have you signed up Judith.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:21 PM

I got a little over excited by the swap and made 6 charm packs instead of 3 for the twist. I hope that is okay.

We are going on a picnic,and I am bringing coffee, bananas, my gossiping relatives, tomatoes, fruit salad, and pine trees.
Attached Thumbnails fabric.jpg