I Spy Swap with a Twist Dead Line to Join is Jan. 6, 2014
Please cut your charms before joining.
Charms need to be in my hands by Jan. 13, 2014
Will start swapping on Jan. 14, 2014
If you would like to be part of the I Spy Charm Swap, here are the guidelines. Please read carefully:
1. Please pm me telling me that you want to enter the swap. In the pm please tell me how many sets you want to do,name and address along with board name. I will then send you a pm giving you my mailing address.
2. We will be swapping sets of 20 charm squares, each 5 inch square. You may send more than one set of 20 charms, up to 6 sets. Each set that you send to me CAN be cut from the same fabric (or 20 different fabrics) . You should be able to cut 20 five inch squares from around 1/2 yard of fabric depending on the design spacing. If you send more than one set, please use a different fabric for each set. I will divide up the charms randomly and return back to you 20 different charms per set. At least that is the goal, and I will try hard to do that! (If you send several sets, please realize that you might get duplicate charms in return.) If you do the twist no fabric from your originals are to be in there.
3. Please send 100 percent cotton only. Prewash or not prewash is exceptable . Squares should be carefully rotary cut from 100% cotton fabric. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tears, draggin', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or are fairly easy to see through are not good candidates for this swap.
Please be advised that fabrics that are not square, squares too wonky or too off grain, squares that are shedding, squares that contain selvages, or those that are not 5" square will be returned unswapped. Be accurate in cutting the 5 inch squares. The novelty design should be good size, not tiny...it needs to be easily recognizable from a distance.Try to have the character centered on the charm as much as possible.
Be creative in your shopping...it would be great to not have too many sending me the same fabrics! In doing this I've only had a couple doubles. If you want you could post pictures of fabric it helps others in what they will send. Not a must though. Please no flowers, lines, solids,etc. These will be returned to you. We need more children fabric. Trucks, houses, food, characters , sports, camping, lets did dig deep and send in different things. License fabric is welcome. Children's fabrics please!!
4. Place each set of 20 charms in a zip lock sandwich size baggie. INCLUDE your name, address, and QB name on a piece of paper and put it inside baggies. Please buy postage or concealed cash put in your envelopes. You just need to give me the correct postage. If postage is not included I will have to wait to send your charms back until you send the correct postage. I will provide flat rate envelopes they cost $5.95 now. Postage went up.
****Outside the US needs to add more postage for it will cost more. I'm sure when you send it you will know what to send. Please send correct amount for I will not ship until correct amount is received.****
5. The last day for me to receive the charms is Jan. 13, 2014. I will post when I receive your charms. If you are sending them from outside the US, please keep this in mind as it sometimes takes weeks for packages to arrive. I will divide up the charms During the week and send out by Jan. 20, 2014. Anything received after that will be returned to you.
Now for a twist on the swap:
You can additionally send in 6 baggies of 10 doubles in each = 20 charms in each bag. So basically 10 doubles=20 with your name and board name in each Baggie written on there saying this is for the Twist. I will swap Baggie for Baggie. So those of you wanting to do a I Spy match quilt this is for you. Now you have to at least do 2 baggies in the regular swap to be able to do the twist.(( The fabric MUST be different from the original sets)).
Remember to send in what you would like to receive back.
Letís have tons of fun,and of course you have to follow all the basic rules, found here.