Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International RR III     Group 9 Traveling Threads >

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

Old 08-20-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
Thanks, sew cornie. I love bright colors too. I saw the star pattern on Quilters Cache and I just had to do it. I ran out of the background fabric for the stars on the 5th block so the other 4 blocks were "Plan B" but I like how it turned out. My grandson has already said it is his.

Do you mind if I ask how old your grandson is? It could help me decide which direction to go in.

I saved your emailed picture on my computer and can post it here if you'd like. And on the IRR 3 Centers thread too, so everyone can drool over it??
Old 08-20-2010, 10:44 PM

Mary, also opened your email.OMG.Talk about bright. I love it. Agree with jen, we need more info about the DGS.
What are his interests, and how old is he??
I am so looking forward to yours.I love doing bright.Especially with black.Drooling already.
Linda
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 PM

Hey Linda, if you're still on, what time is it there? I'm just curious about the time difference between us. It's just before 12:30am here. I best be getting to bed soon though. I have some blocks to make tomorrow and that doesn't work very well with my eyes closed. Must be awake to sew . . . must be awake to sew . . . must be awake to sew . . . .
Old 08-21-2010, 12:35 AM

Hi there jen it's currently 6.30 pm 21st Aug.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:16 AM

Thanks so much. sew cornie, if you can post the picture of my center, I would sure appreciate it. I have not had time to work with my computer program and figure out how to post it but I will keep trying. My grandson is 12. He likes bright colors and stars and astronomy. Hopefully, the designs will be one that "grows" with him. I can't wait to get started!
Old 08-21-2010, 04:29 AM

Just popping in quick! I'm in this group too....great centers ladies! I've yet to pick out what I'm doing. Yikes! lol. I'm debating whether I do a panel (I have plenty of them) or if I'm going to piece something.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:42 AM

I am working on my center today. Hopefully will have a picture posted by tomorrow. I am so excited about this. I need to stay off of this board and get some stuff done.
I need some ideas about a label..... What are you guys putting together? And do we send a Pigma pen with our center are does everyone have one to sign with?
Old 08-21-2010, 04:47 AM

I have to make my label this weekend, too. I was wondering how big of a label to make. I think we all have a pigma pen to use instead of mailing one along. I agree...I need to spend more time sewing and less time chatting....but it's so much fun! Everyone here speaks "my language".
Old 08-21-2010, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
Thanks so much. sew cornie, if you can post the picture of my center, I would sure appreciate it. I have not had time to work with my computer program and figure out how to post it but I will keep trying. My grandson is 12. He likes bright colors and stars and astronomy. Hopefully, the designs will be one that "grows" with him. I can't wait to get started!
Thanks for a little insight into your grandson. I know he'll have one stunning quilt when we're finished with it. Here's your fabulous center!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-101284.jpe  
Old 08-21-2010, 12:40 PM

Hey Chrys, glad to see you pop in here. Welcome!

I still need to make my label too. I'm thinking it will probably be 12" wide by 12-16" tall? Just a guess so far. I wouldn't mail a pigma pen along. My fear is that it would leak or break or something in transit and ruin all of our lovely work.