Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International RR III     Group 9 Traveling Threads >

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

Old 06-15-2011, 11:37 AM

I like it. Does that count?
Old 06-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Peeking in from group 4. I like it sewcornie. It looks nice.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:53 AM

Thank you for the votes of confidence. The batik squares in the corners aren't "minty" like the picture shows. They actually have more of the golden tones that Bonnie used in the center and go well with the greens and blue of the earlier rounds. The print on them also mimics the shape of the folded squares in the center. And since there's one more round to be added, maybe this is okay as is? Ugh. I feel like I'm trying to convince myself that's it's alright. Dislike that feeling. :roll: :roll:

I'll wait to hear what Bonnie thinks - may not make it to the PO until tomorrow then, but I really want to do something she likes.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:01 PM

I know what you mean. It is hard to work on someone elses quilt. I always second guess what I add too, but in the end, I usually go with my first instinct about what will look good and so far, it has been the best choice. I like the border you added. It frames the quilt nicely.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:10 PM

Thanks Mary. Guess what? The doorbell just rang and Linda's top has arrived. Oh my, it's so stunning!! WOW! Everyone has done such a spectacular job and the fabric you added in your border is so perfect with what Linda has in the center - looks like they could have been from the same fabric line.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:13 PM

Thanks, Jen. I thought it needed a simple print border after the last round. I was happy with it when I finished it. Sometimes all you need is a simple border.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:28 PM

My honest opinion is that it looks very nice except I don't care for the light colored cornerstones. I think it would look nicer with the darker color you used as the cornerstones. Of course, I'm only seeing a picture and may be all wrong. JMHO
Old 06-15-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
My honest opinion is that it looks very nice except I don't care for the light colored cornerstones. I think it would look nicer with the darker color you used as the cornerstones. Of course, I'm only seeing a picture and may be all wrong. JMHO
Thanks for the input, Maine. I'd considered using the darker brown as cornerstones but thought it might look unfinished. And I'd thought about continuing the stripes through the corners, but was afraid it would look like a racetrack. I appreciate your opinion.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:44 PM

Hey Jen, nice addition. Have to put on my thinking cap now.
Although I do know, there will be no or very little applique on this one. My fingers are so sore from the last two borders, and I'm still going on Chrys's. Have almost finished 3rd border, and about to start the final one. yeah...
Hoping to mail on Monday.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:31 PM

Patti, you are in Council Bluffs. How far are you from the flooding there? I hope you are OK.

Sewcornie, I like the corners the way you have them. I think it ties in the stripes you have in the borders. If you go with a brown corner, you will have stripes going no where.