Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From >

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Old 12-15-2011, 02:57 PM

Yep, Yep, I love the color. (done in good taste of course, lol) Yes, I'm sure when the idea presents itself you'll know, and there is plenty of time. I am so looking forward to what everyone comes up with. This is so much fun.

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
Sounds like FL is the place to be with all that color, Judith! I haven't come to any conclusions as to how I want to represent my area-there's so many different subjects that could be used.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:19 PM

Hope my partner likes what I'm creating for her........creating an original of what I'm told I do best, lol. Which is good, since it's soooo relaxing for me. This is such a fun swap!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 1234Irene View Post
Hope my partner likes what I'm creating for her........creating an original of what I'm told I do best, lol. Which is good, since it's soooo relaxing for me. This is such a fun swap!
Sounds like fun. I can't wait to see what you do best.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:47 AM

My partner will be getting a Florida doll quilt,and her doll will surely feel she is on vacation with it. Dolphins,manatees,aligators,gators,sharks,or maybe mickey and minnie mouse. I found some special Florida fabric also. Yippee, she told me she will like anything I will do! I am making two. one for me also!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Flamingos, Oranges, manatees, flip flops, oh my, shells, sand, sunglasess,bikinis (not on my body, lol) oh my. I am going to try to portray my little part of the country with as much light as you can stand partner. My fabrics should be her next week. But, But, I will not be. I will be out of town till after christmas. But I have my sketches solidified and most of my fabrics picked. I Lovvveeeee this theme. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with.
I will Love what ever your design is! I do miss FL at times like the holidays as my sisters are there! Our kids did come up this weekend to NC to celebrate Christmas this weekend. They both live in Atlanta and have other families to do Christmas with next weekend. SO all is good! I got to spend time with my babies! With having days off from work I should be able to get my DQ planned out and maybe started. Honestly haven't had to much time to think on that yet. Trying to get Christmas goodies done. Enjoy your time away for the holidays! Have a great Christmas! OH
Yea, I think your were coming to NC for Christmas! Small world! lol
Old 12-19-2011, 02:13 PM

this is my first doll swap and getting excited to sew again. Terri tells me this is alot of fun to do and try new techniques. Will have to put some thought into this one
Old 12-19-2011, 02:20 PM

A great BIG welcome to our new swappers. This group is fun and oh, so talented. My jaw drops each and every month.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:46 PM

yes fun swap,i just can't miss it,making my partner a doll quilt with a little bit of massachusettes!!!! Hope she likes it.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:01 PM

Still in deep thought about this swap. Gots some ideas.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by cuppy View Post
My partner will be getting a Florida doll quilt,and her doll will surely feel she is on vacation with it. Dolphins,manatees,aligators,gators,sharks,or maybe mickey and minnie mouse. I found some special Florida fabric also. Yippee, she told me she will like anything I will do! I am making two. one for me also!
Cuppy,
What a tease you are!! Now I am more excited than ever to get my doll quilt for January!! I have been working on your doll quilt too & it will almost be opposite of what you are making. We live in a cold, snowy & wintery state. BRRRR..............!! I am sure you can guess. Can't wait to share!!