Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Blog Entries
    Yep, Yep, I love the color. (done in good taste of course, lol) Yes, I'm sure when the idea presents itself you'll know, and there is plenty of time. I am so looking forward to what everyone comes up with. This is so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
    Sounds like FL is the place to be with all that color, Judith! I haven't come to any conclusions as to how I want to represent my area-there's so many different subjects that could be used.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Blog Entries
    Hope my partner likes what I'm creating for her........creating an original of what I'm told I do best, lol. Which is good, since it's soooo relaxing for me. This is such a fun swap!
    Happiest when sewing,
    Irene

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234Irene View Post
    Hope my partner likes what I'm creating for her........creating an original of what I'm told I do best, lol. Which is good, since it's soooo relaxing for me. This is such a fun swap!
    Sounds like fun. I can't wait to see what you do best.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

My partner will be getting a Florida doll quilt,and her doll will surely feel she is on vacation with it. Dolphins,manatees,aligators,gators,sharks,or maybe mickey and minnie mouse. I found some special Florida fabric also. Yippee, she told me she will like anything I will do! I am making two. one for me also!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    Flamingos, Oranges, manatees, flip flops, oh my, shells, sand, sunglasess,bikinis (not on my body, lol) oh my. I am going to try to portray my little part of the country with as much light as you can stand partner. My fabrics should be her next week. But, But, I will not be. I will be out of town till after christmas. But I have my sketches solidified and most of my fabrics picked. I Lovvveeeee this theme. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with.
    I will Love what ever your design is! I do miss FL at times like the holidays as my sisters are there! Our kids did come up this weekend to NC to celebrate Christmas this weekend. They both live in Atlanta and have other families to do Christmas with next weekend. SO all is good! I got to spend time with my babies! With having days off from work I should be able to get my DQ planned out and maybe started. Honestly haven't had to much time to think on that yet. Trying to get Christmas goodies done. Enjoy your time away for the holidays! Have a great Christmas! OH
    Yea, I think your were coming to NC for Christmas! Small world! lol
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

this is my first doll swap and getting excited to sew again. Terri tells me this is alot of fun to do and try new techniques. Will have to put some thought into this one
    Quilting is my crack cocaine!

A great BIG welcome to our new swappers. This group is fun and oh, so talented. My jaw drops each and every month.

yes fun swap,i just can't miss it,making my partner a doll quilt with a little bit of massachusettes!!!! Hope she likes it.

Still in deep thought about this swap. Gots some ideas.
    Fay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cuppy View Post
    My partner will be getting a Florida doll quilt,and her doll will surely feel she is on vacation with it. Dolphins,manatees,aligators,gators,sharks,or maybe mickey and minnie mouse. I found some special Florida fabric also. Yippee, she told me she will like anything I will do! I am making two. one for me also!
    Cuppy,
    What a tease you are!! Now I am more excited than ever to get my doll quilt for January!! I have been working on your doll quilt too & it will almost be opposite of what you are making. We live in a cold, snowy & wintery state. BRRRR..............!! I am sure you can guess. Can't wait to share!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast