Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From >

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Old 11-30-2011, 05:03 AM

Default January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From

Sign up time for the Quilting Board's 30th doll swap. We skipped the December swap. Here are the details:

Doll Quilt Swap #30 -- January 2012
City, State, Country Theme

Make a quilt representative of your city, state, or country. For example, since I'm in Florida my quilt might have a mosquito theme or have orange fabric in it. Use your imagination and come up with something fun. It can be as simple as using color or Ohio star blocks if you're in Ohio or as complicated as appliquéd koala bears if you're from down under, it's all up to you. Google some fun facts about your area and let your mind get crazy. All level of quilters are welcome. We were all beginners once and doll quilts are a great way to practice new skills.

As always, our themes are entirely optional. If you have something else up your sleeve, do that. The doll quilt swap is always fun and stress free!

Check out last year's fun, themed quilts here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...re-t79595.html

DOLL QUILT SWAP GUIDELINES

SIZE: from 12”x12” to 24”x24”…any size or shape in between. If your finished quilt measures 24" x 26", or 11" x 13" it's fine. No worries or excessive rules for this swap.

MATERIALS: natural fibers/cotton, wool, linen.

EMBELLISHMENTS: if you want to use them, feel free…beads, rickrack, buttons, doilies, ribbon, lace…anything or nothing at all.

CONSTRUCTION: Pieced, appliquéd, wholecloth; quilted by hand or machine; and bound.

LABEL: It is recommended that you attach a label to the back of your quilt. A label is a nice addition to any handmade quilt. You can even sign the back of your quilt with your name and date. Whether or not you decide to label your quilt, please do include a note with your quilt with your Quilting Board name so that your partner can thank you.

MANNERS: Please remember to thank your partner. Just a simple post is great. It also lets me know you've received a quilt so I can mark my records and make sure everyone receives a quilt. If you are unable to post a picture, please ask your partner to do so. Much of the fun is seeing everyone's creations.

PARTNERS: You will be paired with a partner for this swap. You will make a quilt for your partner and your partner will make a quilt for you.

DUE DATE: The deadline for all quilts to be sent is January 31, 2012. If this deadline seems tight for you, or you have a busy month, consider making a quilt for the next swap and having it ready to go. You'll get two months to create and less pressure.

COMMUNICATION: If for any reason you cannot meet the deadline or you need to drop out of this swap, please let me know as soon as you know. If you communicate any setbacks with me I can make sure things work out favorably for you and your partner, no hard feelings.

SIGN UP: Sign up begins today and ends December 10, 2011. I’ll assign partners after that date.

If you would like to sign up, you can respond to this thread or PM me. Please let me know if you are willing to send internationally as we have a few swappers outside of the US.

Here are some links of our past swaps:

November Swap: http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t163441.html
October Swap: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-154987-1.htm
September Swap: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-146847-1.htm

Looking forward to another fun swap!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 AM

I'm Real in! (The new board makes me have at least 10 characters, so just saying "I'm in" won't cut it.)
Old 11-30-2011, 09:13 AM

I"ve sent you a pm Chele. Please count me in as well. I'm already in the drafting stage. And fabric on order. I love where I live. Thanks again for all you do. I really enjoy participating in this swap.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by catrancher View Post
I'm Real in! (The new board makes me have at least 10 characters, so just saying "I'm in" won't cut it.)
Isn't that funny? I guess the new board likes us to be chatty!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:16 AM

I am in again!!!! Love this swap!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 AM

I'm in also, This is my favorite swap, my second is quilting in the new year. YOU do an excellent job as the host Chele. Thanks Will send info in PM soon.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

I sew missed not being in November's swap, so another time around for me!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:43 AM

I want to play, too!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 AM

Sign me up too Chele, sending PM
Old 11-30-2011, 12:32 PM

OH, count me in, please