Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    How about a faux pas? I've done a lot of them.

Blog Entries
    Nancy, they fib! Or maybe not. Just sent you a PM about the weird system of getting mail they have here. Maybe you have a package, maybe you have three. Maybe it's in the parcel box that won't open with the broken key. You never know. But it is gorgeous out and I'm on my way!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Oh I have some evil ideas rolling around in my mind. You'll be so sorry that I'm back, ha ha ha!!!

A technique you've never done before ...

Curves ...

Completely hand-stitched ...

Or ... ? ? ?

I was thinking of paper piecing but my buddy RWQuilts has a spring one going ... and I hope you'll all sign up!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Oh I have some evil ideas rolling around in my mind. You'll be so sorry that I'm back, ha ha ha!!!

A technique you've never done before ...

Curves ...

Completely hand-stitched ...

Or ... ? ? ?

I was thinking of paper piecing but my buddy RWQuilts has a spring one going ... and I hope you'll all sign up!
    I won't be sad your back! LOL I like the idea of technique never done. paper piecing and my brain just don't click. I do everything backwards
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Or ...
    Primitive
    Strips and Stripes
    Animal Kingdom
    Waiting for Spring ...
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    OOOOOOOOO!! I like em all!! Cept maybe the paper piecing. I'm with QK on that one. I've been doing some sew and flip, I can handle that. LOL and curves, I love curves. My halloween DQ had a moon in it that was cut and pieced in. I was pretty proud of myself on that one. I was at the Quilt show in Cincinatti last year and signed up for a tool of the month from a lady their. It is templates for all sorts of curves and such. I have been dying to use them. Did I mention I am an impulse shopper?
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Maybe I should create a survey monkey so everyone can vote?
    Krystyna

I have tried paper piecing and I seem to waste a lot of fabric and it is so hard to figure out. I keep telling myself that others can do it and it looks so crisp and neat....but when I try it......ugh. so I shy away from paper piecing things. I was doing the block a month calendar thing from last year and several months was paper piecing and I just couldn't do it so I stopped making them. Ok I guess that makes me a quitter. Sigh. I like all the suggestions that you h ave said so far. I didn't sign up this month and so far it has been good. I think I needed the rest.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    URGodsChild, unlike you, I love paper piecing. Once you get the hang of it, it is so much fun and everything does come out so crisp and clean. RWQuilts makes wonderful little quilts with that technique. I'm sure she'd help you out. Also check out Carol Doan's site with lots of beginner techniques. My own fear is applique. I'd love to do it, but it looks so complicated.
    Krystyna

My DQ is on it''s way to KitsyKeel...Theme for 2013 versus using the 3 colors...Hope she like it...

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast