Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up >

January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up

January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up

Old 02-09-2013, 06:20 PM

Donna, thanks for posting the picture. I have not figured out how to resize them yet so they will post.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:59 PM

I have received my doll quilt yesterday from Krystyna, and it is pretty awesome!!!! Love the color combination and the quilting is nicely done! I also received a lovely silk scarf and a delicious jar of Wild Beach Plum Jam, that we had for breakfast. Thank you so much, Krystyna.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]394240[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]394241[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc00939.jpg   dsc00940.jpg  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:09 AM

beach plum jam??? did you say you have a sister in ipswich?? i lived in topsfield and belonged to a mariner g.s. troop in ipswich! if the world gets any smaller my butt will be hangin' out! wow!! ps- hope sis et al are ok!
lovely dq!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:32 AM
Swap Hosts

Yep. I still have a little bit of that precious jam left. I also have some of the last jam I made from my raspberry and blackberry bushes -- and some has chocolate in it, but I don't know which is which. Never got a chance to label it.
Ipswich is so pretty, isn't it? I haven't been up to visit for a long time, but I'm hoping to go this summer.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 AM

Nancia -- take your time -- no sweat. And I know I will love it because of the thought and time and effort you put into it. And these little quilts are supposed to be opportunities to reach out and try new things. I'm in Texas this week so won't be home until Fri or so.

Post office alert -- I know the rates went up, but this is ridiculous ... I went yesterday to mail out one block for the scrappy block swap. I folded it like I usually do and put it into a 5x7 manilla envelope (no clasp, just like I was told), and put two forever stamps on it. That had always been enough. My regular counter lady retired, new one at the helm. Just to be sure, I asked if I had enough postage. She pinched it, weighed, pushed at images on her touch screen (her nails too long to make regular contact) and told me I need $2.25 MORE!!!! Said it was considered a parcel since didn't have any paper in it. I said "But I've done it like this every month for the last several years!" She shook her head at me and said "No way .." That's the only post office locally. So, that's it for block swaps for me -- $3.25 is a little bit above and beyond the usual 2 forever stamps.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Swap Hosts

Nancy, I suspect you won't be alone in this decision. Do you have a postage scale? If you do, you might think about weighing your package, looking at the cost online and if those forever stamps work ... toss it into the mailbox and bypass the stinky fingernail lady. Seriously, the post office is ruining small business.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:16 PM

Krystyna, your DQ sent to Needlegrammy is so pretty, love the bright colours.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:09 PM

thank you for your patience, nancy. i appreciate it. i have a very bad case of head stuck in treacle. i keep falling asleep. at any rate, your dq will be on it's way to you in the a.m. i have complained and whined through out the making of this dq, but there are parts i'm quite fond of. i hope you enjoy it!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Nancy, I suspect you won't be alone in this decision. Do you have a postage scale? If you do, you might think about weighing your package, looking at the cost online and if those forever stamps work ... toss it into the mailbox and bypass the stinky fingernail lady. Seriously, the post office is ruining small business.
I found it's not so much the weight; it's the size. Once you get past a certain size they call it a parcel instead of a letter. No wonder they are going broke. No one is going to use them when they do that. A lot of things I order online now come through FedEx next day; seems to be cheaper than the P.O. (I'm not saying anything against postal workers; they are caught in the middle with all the regulations they are told to enforce.) I for one am glad they are eliminating Saturday mail. I didn't grow with six days a week mail. We don't need everything to be open 24/7 to "accommodate any of us." Like grocery stores. People need to plan ahead a bit. We need to use our resources wisely.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 PM

Gosh, I haven't been on the board for awhile; lots of wonderful DQs coming in! You all are so talented.