Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

All signed up. Let the fun begin!!!
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    Opps...My brain I think went on vacation..I totally forgot that I have a Dresden ruler ..Its in a box with the fabric that I am collecting to make a sunflower dresden quilt..I was sitting there finishing up my daughter's oriental placemats when it dawned on me ...Diana
    ​Diana Lynne

Diana.better late than never.lol
    Mary

I've been using construction, engineer, drafting rulers. I buy my different rulers from either the hardware stores or stationery warehouse stores. I find that most of these are so much cheaper. Most are metal, too. No nicks; if anything, my blade on my rotary cutter gets nicked. LOL NOT!!! I finally did buy a quilter's ruler a month ago but haven't used it yet. I love my metal ones better.

I looked for the sign up a couple of days ago but didn't see it, whew glad I got on tonight and found it.
    Q Louise,
    *It would be a "SNOWBALL FIGHT" via mail. *
    The idea that came to me about your snowball fight delema was this...You could send 4 each to each of your last four swap peeps, and each of them can send one in there current partners package and they can send one to each of the last 3 peeps they sent to to include in there packages.
    You might have to pm them ahead of sending to make sure they are willing to foward on the extras in time for them to get to their peeps (and they would also have to pm to be sure they are in the swap so they can include them).
    Another idea that came to mind while typing- 10 or 12 could send you a stamped self addressed padded envelope (I guess you'd have to find out what the postage would be via envelope size and weight), then you could mail them a snowball that they include in the package to their pals, and then those pals that receive in the Jan. pkg would send it in their Feb pack, then they send in their Mar. pkg.
    P.S. How much does each one weigh?

Also I don't have the ruler tape when I was using my companion triangle to make my flying geese I used quilter's masking tape on mine. I have a 2 1/2 " by 22" Nancy Crow ruler and the aforementioned triangle, and a 12" sq. omni-grid ruler. My 22" has a chip out of it from once when I dropped it. No nicks from the rotary cutter though. I hope to add some rulers as time goes by. I like panels and scraps.

Yes Mary very cute tool apron!

Welcome newbies! It is fun.

All signed up and looking forward to our January Secret Pal swap! Happy New Year everyone!
    ~ Moedeenie

Blog Entries
    We have 84 signed uo now with 1 wanting 2 secret pals.

Blog Entries
    Here is what I have been working on..My daughter's placemats for her formal dinning room..This is one project I am going to be glad to be finished with..She wanted silky oriental placemats..They were and still are a nightmare to work with ..Need gloves to work with this material..Diana

Name:  RAINY'SPLACEMATS1.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  13.3 KB
    ​Diana Lynne

Blog Entries
    Hope you got my info!!

Blog Entries
    I'm in! I took last month off and really missed you guys. I am looking forward to the January swap.

Page 12 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 112 ... LastLast