Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Fat Quarter Swap! Fall leaves and flowers and/or summer florals >

July Fat Quarter Swap! Fall leaves and flowers and/or summer florals

July Fat Quarter Swap! Fall leaves and flowers and/or summer florals

Old 07-14-2014, 02:52 PM

I love the panel.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Kiffie, I noticed the fabric to the right while pretty is shorter than the rest? is it my eyes doing tricks on me or is that not a fat quarter?

Ladies, please make sure when sending your fabrics are 18 x 11 not a length of fabric that is 9 inches of length by the width! It is so much easier to work with a large rectangle than a long narrow piece. This goes for EVERYONE. I have sent a piece before that was slightly narrower but made up for it with a wider piece plus other fabric. Its not the right thing to do however and encourage you all to work hard to stick with a standard fat quarter. A good idea is if you are needing to send a different size piece of fabric you ask your partner first is this ok or would they prefer another selection maybe not on the list of this months theme instead! (aha! an idea!).
Your eyes are very tricky....(said in my best hypnotic voice) lol..maybe your eyes really are, but yes it's thinner, and wof. My partner has messaged me offering to send another, but I told her enjoy what I sent, and I am enjoying what she sent.

I do appreciate you being an A+ hostess and watching out for everyone, Brat! I can only imagine how much work ALL of you hostesses do for all of us here on QB. (Cue applause)!!
I also think your idea of messaging your partner about fabric if you're not sure is a superb idea.
Kif
Old 07-15-2014, 05:09 PM

Not to rush things, but do we know what the August swap will be?
Old 07-16-2014, 10:27 AM

This month I actually took pics of the items I sent out in swaps...
Here is a pic of the fqs I sent to Ssnare:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]483545[/ATTACH]

Kif
Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg  
Old 07-16-2014, 11:45 AM

kiffie thank you for posting pictures. I have not had a chance to take the pictures and post them. I love them all.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:49 AM

Well Snare scored too! hunga dunga I need those (ok I need ALL the pretty fabrics its just a shop with your eyes not with your wallet thing) .. I want one of these and one of those.. and two of that one.. lol I am sure the rest of you feel the same way. It inspires me seeing the different combos.

Next months theme is.. Halloween and Fall fruits or back to school fabrics. either or. so check your fabrics see if you have : purples! blacks! oranges! ghosts! pumpkins with smiley faces or scary ones! ghouls! you don't have to trade these however (though some of them are sure lovely) you can trade: more fall fruits : apples! Pears! ohoh guilded pears hunga dunga those are great anything you feel would make a great table runner, a pieced block.. is fair game. just try to follow along those lines. NOTE those purples oranges blacks don't have to have Halloween items on them. They could just be cool black blenders or orange blenders you get the idea. think outside the box. ask your partner if they prefer one or the other or if they just like to be surprised. Sign ups start 7/21 so watch for it! we will sign up til the 30th of this month names out the 1st so getting excited now! Back to school ideas: apples, abc's, school houses, anything to do with learning be it elementary or grown up stuff lol. little dogs (Scotties I think are the big thing with school houses). So option central! a cute wall hanging out of the stuff? maybe! checkered fabrics to go with the Scotties how adorable!.. just inspiring you all to pull something from your bins that works with any of those three themes and you will be surprised how many things you have that actually fit. Good luck and keep posting your pics of what you have.

I received a very gorgeous set of fall fabrics from Rosemary A. and wish her nothing but good things. They are all beautiful. My sis always said I was "fall". Not sure why but I think its because come fall there is fall, then Halloween and then thanksgiving and the list goes on month after month. I love the start of decorating and seasons. Dork? yes yes I am. and I love every second of it trying to post a picture cant seem to get it from my downloads to here. promise to keep trying Rosemary!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:01 AM

Ooooh, I love Halloween!! And Autumn!! What's more I have a lot of Halloween fabrics, and Autumn, and orange, black, yellow...I even have a set of Halloween blocks from the swap a couple yrs back that still need to be made into a quilt (deserves 2 red faces).
I've finished 3 ufo quilts, and made 4 new ones since January, but I'm still a candidate to live in Roswell with my ufo self...
Ah well, I know I'll still be signing up for next month's fq swap, so that's that. I also hope we have another mini quilt swap soon.
K
Old 07-20-2014, 04:20 AM

I had another idea shoot me but there is a third option for the swap if you don't do Halloween or fall. You may swap strips, checks, etc. per a suggestion we had on here. so go Halloween/fall or go stripes checks etc or even mix and match if your partner AGREES to this. I would like everyone here to please put in your email to me what your preference is. I will TRY to make sure everyone gets a partner that matches their wishes. I know there are those that don't care for Halloween and that's ok. But I need to know as I am not a magic act (I wish I was a magic act I sure would be abra cadabra - ing my way all through town). Thanks so much for your patience in my running this swap. I am so glad everyone participates and no no shows here.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:18 AM

I'm in for one swap. PM'ed Elisabrat. I'm excited for this one.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:01 AM

I received the most beautiful FQ's from SheriR and I owe you a HUGE apology for not letting you know quicker. They are lovely summer floral prints - - - - Texas related, of course - and a 1/2 yd white tone-on-tone stripe piece. Just beautiful. Again, my apologies - - -

Jane