Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-14-2012, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Well, my package is off to Big Sky Country -- a state that I would love to live in if I were 30 years younger since it seems like somewhere I could have great adventures and perhaps go bareback riding on the elk. SP, I was so late that I didn't get to make as many goodies as I wanted to ... but ... there are some earrings in there for you! I think I will make an extra package to send along later on ...
Woo! I actually recognize that and I'm pretty sure it's me! When we moved to Montana last year from Kansas (after being stationed in Kansas for 10+ years) everyone kept telling me, "But the sky is so big! And it's so pretty!" And every time, I replied, "I didn't marry my husband because he was good looking - why would I choose somewhere to live based on outward appearances?" But you know what? I don't hate it here.

But I did find out the reason why the sky is so big - there is a significant lack of any store that I have ever enjoyed shopping in - if I like it, Montana doesn't have it. Or, I should qualify - if I enjoy shopping there, it's a minimum 4 hour drive from where I live.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:41 PM

I have to say sorry to my sp. I boxed it all up and brought it north with me, told dh i needed to find the po and got directions. Well it dint occur to me that it was saturday and they closed at noon. The pkg is ready, and i will mail it first thing monday. I hope i made it special enough to make up for its lateness.

Lori, plz get well soon!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:01 PM

Received my package today from AnnT59 and I love it!!! I have decided already that I am going to frame the quilters mug rug for my sewing/quilting room. Love it! Thank you so very very much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349066[/ATTACH]

Case for used needles, glue stik, curved scissors 14 inch seam guide, pack of blank cards, Patriotic Fabric, beautiful tropical floral fabric, red swirly fabric small mug rug and RED HOTS!!!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349067[/ATTACH]

Quilters mug rug
Attached Thumbnails case-used-needles-glue-stik-curved-scissors-14-inch-seam-guide-pack-blank-cards-patri.jpg   mug-rug.jpg  
Old 07-14-2012, 07:12 PM

Just got back from the Craft show~ long day! It was fun meeting all the crafty people here, but we did not do any sales! I think it has a lot to do with the economy. And the fact that there was town wide yard sales and second hand selling going on... Not many want to buy new when they can get so many good bargains at yard sales. But I gave out a lot of business cards and made some really cool contacts.

But seriously the best deal for me today was meeting the girl in the booth next to me; she sells essential oils, and I have been fighting migraines. Yesterday I could barely move, today fought it off and went to show.

The lady put some peppermint oil mixed with lavender oil and my head ache was GONE... later when it started again, I did it again and again headache was gone! I am sold on the oils.

So the show was worth so much to me!

I called home to check and see if I got a package today, but no answer, they had gone to town, I hope they call me back and tell me I got my package~
Old 07-14-2012, 07:29 PM

OK I got a email from home I got two packages one from Darlene and one from Valerie, Valerie is my Doll Quilt partner so I am hoping Darlene is my secret pal??? NOT knowing makes me anxious! Darlene am I your secret pal???
Old 07-15-2012, 03:54 AM

Seems like many people are on vacation this time of year too. It may take a few days until they know they received their package. I know there are some that do not acknowledge it anyway. I try to remind my SP's to make sure they let Lori know they received. Then some of us can be forgetful. It is so much fun doing this swap. It makes it frustrating when some don't follow through. Thanks Lori for all your hard work.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:58 AM

Thanks Melinda, Her name is Donna
Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
Oh I really hope your sil is doing better. Can you give me her first name so I can add her to my prayer list. Thx
Old 07-15-2012, 04:14 AM

Darn Bird Krystina... we have grapes and they do not bother them here in WI...but then again I do have them browning in my garden on a trellis...so I am wondering if that is the reason why they do ot bother them...the other option is tha tyou can alway grow marigolds by them and the birds should not bother them..because they do not like them...
Old 07-15-2012, 04:28 AM

SEGASAL, I hate to sound stupid here, but what's "browning in my garden on a trellis??"
Old 07-15-2012, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
I kind of know what Krystyna feels like. We have waited all year for our lobsterfishing season to start, only to have it backfire in our faces. The lobster prices are so low ( $1.50 lb ) that the boats are all tied up(except for a few strike breakers). There have been days we couldn't even sell them. We need those lobsters sold to get us thru the winter months. The spring lobsters didn't trap very well, so both the spring lobsters and summer lobsters have all shed and shed extremely early. I have never seen so many lobsters. We are waiting for a couple of processing plants to reopen, that may help. I had a bright idea, we would fish a few traps to get some to eat. No way is what I was told! If the other fishermen see us hauling any traps, they will think we are breaking the tie up or strike. Sometimes it can get dirty. I guess in some areas they have threatened to cut off traps and who knows what might happen to boats. So the lobsters win! They will shed and move back off shore. Guess what my SP is getting! lol ,(NOT), I just remembered I can't haul traps for any reason, so if I can't eat them, then guess sp won't be getting any either, lol. Of course, when we sell again for a cheap price I could eat them, but the bills have to be paid some how. Sorry for venting about my troubles. Things will get better, I hope!
Sad you can't send them to Illinois...very expensive here for sure. One of the things I really miss since leaving the east coast.