Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: June *FLAG DAY* Oh Sew Sweet 2.5" ‘CANDY’ charm swap!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrshalibut View Post
    Mailed mine yesterday, Sheri!
    I got your PM. I'm sure your 'candy' will be waiting for me when I get home on Saturday!!! Exciting times!!! Technically our sign-up ends tomorrow. Then it's just waiting for swap packages until the end of the month and then SWAP TIME!!
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Hello all! I want to join! I've been on the fence because life has been pretty busy lately, but it's under control now. Anyway, I'll get everything cut and ready to mail this weekend. I'm feeling really inspired from looking at the photos on the thread. I'll do 15 cotton sets, 5 batik sets. I'm sending a pm now.

Tonight was the first chance I've had to work on my scrappy quilt in ages. Not a lot was accomplished but apparently it met with the inspector's approval. Gracie felt it was good enough to nap on, especially since she normally isn't allowed anywhere my fabrics. Since this is just for me, I gave her the ok, or rather she barged in and visited.
    Name:  006 - Copy.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  217.4 KB

Most of these squares are from my own scraps although there are a few from recent swaps. Some of you might find a square or two you contributed. I've just begun pulling from the candy swap squares so the next blocks added should have more of your candy. And I'll certainly use the candy from this upcoming exchange as well as I've got eons of work ahead of me. I just wanted to share my candy quilt and thank everyone for being a part of it. (FYI, this isn't the final setting. I'm just trying to get a feel for it now that a number of blocks are stitched up.)

Janice - That is gorgeous! Please post a pic when it's done. Love seeing how creative people are with these swap squares.

Janice McC, It looks like a nice setting to me! I'm happy with it! :-) But it does feel similar to your avatar quilt (if that one is yours?) so I could see why you might like to change it.

Janice - I love the setting. Looks great. Be sure to share the finished top.

Love your quilt layout, Janice. I'm going to save it to Pinterest for later reference! Glad you let Gracie share it.

Oh Janice I love your quilt too!!! Gosh y'all are making it hard to decide what I should make with mine!!
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Thank you Givio. The avatar top (also still in the works) is made up of Depression Blocks, mostly from the monthly quilting bee on this board. i love the scrappy look so most of what i work on is scrappy. I've saved dozens of pix I've found online of scrappy quilts. Cannot get enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    Janice McC, It looks like a nice setting to me! I'm happy with it! :-) But it does feel similar to your avatar quilt (if that one is yours?) so I could see why you might like to change it.

Thank you Sheri, and everyone else for your lovely comments!

Sheri, I'm just back from the po. I sent a pm with the tracking # for my pkg. Thank you for putting together another wonderful candy swap! These candy swaps will keep me busy indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    Oh Janice I love your quilt too!!! Gosh y'all are making it hard to decide what I should make with mine!!

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast