Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 05-28-2012, 07:45 AM

OMG Lori, send the info, I would absolutely love that vaca!!! Prayers to all who are going through tough times.

I am absolutelly going to force my DH to read the last few pages of this thread!! Each one of those scenarios could be me! I have taken over 2 (yes 2) rooms upstairs in our home! One is all shelved off with different shelving units I have acquired over the years. I have 4 big totes full of fleece, 1 tote I put pcs in that I think will make unique purses/bags, 1 tote full of fur............. My cutting table is also in that room and a big homemade ironing board that sits on bop of a baby changing table, with the drawers full of sewing "stuff". I realized I liked to sew inthat room when sewing alone, so I set up my Singer 301 on the desk and put the laptop on a stand next to it. The closet in that room holds Christmas decorations and a very large tote that has been around for years. I have always been a clearance sale shopper and buy stuff just to put in that box. I use it to fill in at Christmastime, or if I need something for a birthday......and now..... that stuff comes in handy for the SP swaps!! I once went to a "going out of business" auction at a local nursery, I bought a whole display of garden stuff, you know those twisting, twirling, tinkling things people hang outside, and stick in the ground? My sister and I went nuts! I had to call my brother to bring his truck after the auction and he made two trips. In addition to my full size van, her car, her friends van and another truck between the two of us. (I should add that I bought 2 rows (18) crabapple trees for the building we were building for transit).
Anyway, I digress. The other room is full of sewing machines. Several set up for group sewing, the others in cases stacked along the wall, ready to either be cleaned up or needed by someone. It also has a tote full of scraps for when those are needed and a magazine rack from the store we used to own full of books and magazines used for inspiration. I also have 4 notebooks full of patterns and pictures, just incase someone needs a little more inspiration!
I was thinking about it this morning. I am looking forward to retireing some day, but figure that when I do, money will be very tight. I figure I can about finish out my life without needing to purchase any thing! I have literally dozens of "future" quilts, bags and other goodies!!!
Well, back to what generated this LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG post, DH keeps chastising me that I haave way too much "junk". I am going to make him read this so he knows I am not alone!!!
Oh, if you decide to use totes for storage, make sure you buy the clear ones, at least you can see what is in each one, as I do pack them by category. All my quilting cotton is on shelves.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Swap Hosts

Lori, that sounds WONDERFUL! I sure wish we had a get away like that around here. And don't forget ... we want pix of those fish you catch! A well deserved rest for both of you.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
....Oh, if you decide to use totes for storage, make sure you buy the clear ones, at least you can see what is in each one, as I do pack them by category.
oh what's the fun in that. isn't much more fun to go through each tote looking for a piece of fabric that you know you purchased and you need right then. see this way you get to discover all of the other fabric you bought that you forgot about. i just gotta learn how to live with fabric in my limited space. once i start working again the fabric will need to share its space with more shoes. there is a delicate balance i have to strike here.

btw here is a peek at the 20 yds of fabric i purchased at that wall of fabric sale i went to where fabric was $0.50/$1/yd. most of it is non quilting fabric, some for sundresses for this summer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]338414[/ATTACH]

a refresher this was the fabric sale
[ATTACH=CONFIG]338415[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fabric-purch.jpg   fabric.jpg  
Old 05-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Swap Hosts

Beautiful, Louise! Who could resist at those prices? That's what happened at Joann's. The red dot sections were marked down 50% and with the 20% military discount on top of that ... $1-$1.50/yard. Wheeeeee!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Swap Hosts

Onalee Rose, I want to come play at your house!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Very proud of you Mary JO.....
another one of my nicknames. that's what my father called me. you are right on with my names brenda. are you reading my thoughts? where you a fly on the wall in my home growing up?

okay i am off to finish my seemingly never ending organizing and cleaning. have a great day all!!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:01 AM

Mary-those are gorgeous fabrics and will make awesome sundresses!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:06 AM

I can play again. I've missed the monthly packages. And I've missed alot of news.
Lori, enjoy your time in the woods.
Havplenty, will be thinking of you and your SIL.
Krystyna, Happy Birthday, late.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:13 AM

Ladies, for those of you who inquire about my condition, greenini aka JO introduced me to a site you can visit daily for updates about my condition. You can go HERE to stay tuned on what's going on and I won't have to keep repeating the same story over and over. Thanks JO (greenini) for the site and all of you who have shown concern.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:57 AM

Hi all had some catching up to do on this board! Lori have a great time and take pics! Krystyna HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Havplenty I hear ya on the organization I"m almost done with my sewing room just need to put the fabric away! And everytime I put some away I find more ! Everyone have a safe Memorial Day today and remember those who gave their precious lives for our freedom.