Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-17-2012, 03:03 PM

Lori - what a frightful event. Glad that you and Marty have power again and that you did not get hurt with all the wind/debris.

As for San Jose - this weekend has been in the triple digit temperatures - about 103 where I am.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:08 PM

Lori, I am glad that both you and Marty are safe and sound.

Faye, I will keep a copy of the poem. It is beautifully written.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
DEAR QUILTING BOARD FRIENDS: FROM all over the country.... I have no words that tell all of you how much I have greatly appreciated you love , support, prayers, cards, fat quaters, pins, kind messages, books, words, in the very unexpeced death of my hubby in MAY. I am so very grateful for all of you . It has been a tough challenge to swim against the current for my family, friends, neighbors, business collegues of my hubs, and our church family. We have all been hit hard by this one, as my hubby was our church organist, and a kind gentkle man to all. Many of you know how a sudden unexpedted turn in life throws us way off. I AM not in this alone, the folks mentioned above, are all in this together and have been VERY supportive also... I wish I could hug everyone of you who has sent a card, prayer, etc. I have a huge supportive circle helpng with so many things that need to be attended to. I appologize for the delay in a message, as the computer needed to be "cleaned" out of business items etc. for my protection, plus it decided to have an attitude lately. These days we function in a world of high tech and is is necessary to function with basics like communications. My faith is strong, and I have put my trust fully in GODS hands as to get through each day. I spend alot of time with my middle sister and her kids and grandkids. They seem to love having another auntie around and we help each other move forward together. GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF YOU... LOOk forward to cont. the SP swaps as my hubby would want me to.. HUGS . My kitty is a great pal to have around too! =^.^=
Jan many many ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))). Glad to hear that you have alot of support and are taking it day by day. Also, having children around togive you those special hugs help also.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342782[/ATTACH]from Celia: jelly beans, lemon drops, pink case, pink scissors, pen and notepad, book, needles, calico tissue case, mini puzzle and sudoku book, latest copy of Quilter's Newsletter and Chicken fabric! what a haul!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342785[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342786[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342788[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342789[/ATTACH] from Susan: lots of pretty pastel fabric, the rotary cutter case, sourpatch candies, more happy colors of fabric, a chicken wall hanging, beautiful tea towel, basket and HONEY! Yes, I'm the lucky honey recipient!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342793[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342781[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342794[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342795[/ATTACH] from Darlene: lovely stationary and pen, seam ripper (can never have enough of these, they go missing!), blades, night of romance reading complete with milky way bar, pink and turquoise fat quarters and the cutest pincushion!

I'm feeling like a very lucky girl!
Attached Thumbnails dscn0062.jpg   dscn0030.jpg   dscn0035.jpg   dscn0038.jpg   dscn0032.jpg  

dscn0048.jpg   dscn0060.jpg   dscn0055.jpg   dscn0051.jpg  

Last edited by Pinkwater; 06-17-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sibi View Post
Thanks Lori, isn't he the sweetest little thing? I love owls!
Catching up on reading the board...been a crazy month.

We used to have a woodpecker house hanging very high up on one of our trees. A number of critters lived there over the years. Several years ago I noticed something looking at at me when I walked the dogs in the yard. Finally figured out it was a little saw-whet owl. He didn't stay too long and I never saw him outside of the birdhouse, but he would stick his head out and watch us walk across the yard.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Has anyone ever been woken up in the middle of the night to a big long sonic boom, followed up this creepy ring kind of creepy long high pitch (almost like nails on the chalkboard) riiiiing that just kept ringing and is starting to make your ears do the same. That happened to me, in middle of the night. My cat heard too, she was laying on my bed, so she jumped up on my window pane to "investigate" it and see if she figure out what was going on. No one in my house heard it, except me and the cat. Luckily, I was not the only one in the city to hear it, there was several people around the city who heard it too. One guy said: I thought we were being invaded by a UFO! LOL!! It turns out what happened was a few miles from my house a powerline caught on fire in the middle of the night and it blew up the electrical wires, causing the boom and the ring.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:50 AM

My goodness...what a fabulous package I received over the weekend from Quiltymom!!! A beautiful handmade basket, needlecase AND purse insert in addition to beautiful FQ's, teabags with the cutest teabag rest, a 2" thimble template, McCalls pattern with the neatest patterns for quilted baskets, organizers and accessories, a change purse, color wheel, a large bag of swedish fish...yummeroo!!! and a postcard from her hometown. Thank you so much Sue! I absolutely LOVE everything and hope I haven't forgot anything...here are a few pics for everyone to see...
Attached Thumbnails june-sp-pkg-quiltymom.jpg   june-sp-pkg-2-quiltymom.jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 03:56 AM
Swap Hosts

What nice packages are coming in! Still waiting for mine. Maybe today!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:51 AM

Great packages and lots of neat things in them, love the long handled seam rippers, lost another one of mine the othr day, can only find the short ones here in the house... Beautiful colors of fabric, love the turquoise and the reds, pink too.. LOL and the honey, need to taste that and see if it's as good as everyone says it is.. Know Krystyna's jelly is yummy...

Didn't know we had another Rosemary on the Thread, Little Roo.... kewl
Old 06-18-2012, 05:03 AM

great packages....