Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Magical Forest Swap - Sign-Ups Close May 15, 2012

I'd like to join in. I just posted something about making a quilt for a logger friend of mine, (who actually looks like a gnome...LOL.) This quilt will be the perfect gift for him! Count me in.

~ Cindy

This is going to be fun to watch I will think about this one . I love trees and fairies and mushrooms and all that they entail!

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    Yep, sign me up for at least 4 sets. (Do I need to "officially" PM you?)

Thanks for the info on the background color. I like how the quilt looks in the first post. It's very pretty with the white background. I've got some trees in the works. Sneaky peeky below.
    All set!! I like the white background too, but I have found myself pleasantly surprised with swaps that I end up loving something I didn't think I would before, so I try to leave my swaps as wide open with possibilities as possible. Y'all are just way more creative than me!!

Quote Originally Posted by tropit View Post
    I'd like to join in. I just posted something about making a quilt for a logger friend of mine, (who actually looks like a gnome...LOL.) This quilt will be the perfect gift for him! Count me in.

~ Cindy
    All set!! happy to have you on board!!

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
    This is going to be fun to watch I will think about this one . I love trees and fairies and mushrooms and all that they entail!
    I do hope you'll come play with us!! I am very excited for this theme!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Just a thought here about the white background. This seems to be taking on a magical theme to me with some of the examples posted . That means to me to blend some night blocks here and there after all isn't that when the gnomes and fairies come out to play

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
    Just a thought here about the white background. This seems to be taking on a magical theme to me with some of the examples posted . That means to me to blend some night blocks here and there after all isn't that when the gnomes and fairies come out to play
    I think all backgrounds can work so long as the maker loves them!! This is why I set no limit. If there is a good combo of both, I might even put the light on one side of the quilt and the other on the back and have a night/day quilt!! Don't be afraid to make blocks you love, I am sure we will all find a way to make them all work together for wonderful quilts!!

Rachel

Embellishments ok to add for this one?

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
    Embellishments ok to add for this one?
    I don't mind them myself, but I know some people might want to remove them for the quilting and then add them back on later, so perhaps just make sure they are on their own strings so people can do that if they so choose.

Rachel

I want to join, but, I do not know how many sets I will get done. I have some fabric I did a swap with that are the cutest gnomes from Sweden. I also have cross stitched flower fairies that are on adida fabric, that I might incorporate into this type of quilt. I have been looking at pictures of fairy houses that I am thinking about making for my blocks for this swap. I have not decided for sure.

Blog Entries
    I want to join also I would like to do 4 sets. I have a daughter and DIL that both love gnomes and fairies~ add a little forest to it and I will have two happy girls on my hands!

I have some wonderful "forest`y" fabric I will start looking now.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    I want to join also I would like to do 4 sets. I have a daughter and DIL that both love gnomes and fairies~ add a little forest to it and I will have two happy girls on my hands!

I have some wonderful "forest`y" fabric I will start looking now.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast