Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 2017 I Spy Charm Swap >

March 2017 I Spy Charm Swap

March 2017 I Spy Charm Swap

Old 05-11-2017, 05:40 AM

It is so great to pass on our love for sewing to our children/grands - and she is so right - a quilt is a great way to show love! Someone else on here has used her squares at school to stimulate story telling. I am going through my squares to get one ready for my GD - her birthday is this weekend and wanted to have it ready by now, but that didn't happen. But thought I would get her to find a square and tell me a story. She will be 5 and is very vocal and imaginative so thought that would be a great way to encourage her.

Glad everyone is enjoying their packages - and this shows why we encourage new fabrics - we like getting things we haven't seen before.

Thanks everyone - couldn't do it without you great swappers!

Rena
Old 05-14-2017, 05:15 AM

I recognize a lot of the prints in Sleepy Hollow's quilt she posted...but... eep! A snoopy fabric not in my collection! Must hunt for it.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:04 PM

If the next swap is the same as these last ones, I may have a friend who will join in (and ship things with mine to save some money). That will give us one more swapper
Old 05-23-2017, 11:36 AM

Sleepy Hollow it would be great to have another join in! And anything to save some money on postage is great!
Old 06-03-2017, 08:51 PM

Is there a date for the next swap?
Old 06-11-2017, 03:24 PM

hey all - I have been quite ill with pneumonia and am just now getting around a bit. Plan to get the next swap posted in the next day or two. Will be the same as previous swaps as to amounts.

I plan to have an end of June mail date. I am going to TX the end of July for a couple of weeks with family.

See ya soon!

Rena
Old 06-12-2017, 06:37 AM

Boy, you picked a bad time to come to Texas. Usually, that's about the time we hit our all heat, no rain, no cool season. We usually spend late July and all of August inside with the air conditioner on full blast or else we are at the lake, beach or swimming pool.
bkay
Old 06-15-2017, 04:07 PM

I am reconsidering my last post with a June 30 mail date - there is not enough time between now and then to get enough people to join in or to get and cut fabric. People are so busy with kids out of school and vacations that maybe Aug or even Sept would be a better choice. I welcome people's ideas on the subject!

Rena
Old 06-15-2017, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
Boy, you picked a bad time to come to Texas. Usually, that's about the time we hit our all heat, no rain, no cool season. We usually spend late July and all of August inside with the air conditioner on full blast or else we are at the lake, beach or swimming pool.
bkay
Yeah, I know that I am asking for it! I am from W Texas and my husband is from the Waco area - I met him when I was at Baylor. I will be going from Midland, to Galveston to San Antonio and Corpus Christie - so will have all of the heat and humidity I can take! But feeling that Texas dirt is pretty nice! And chicken fried steaks and BBQ brisket make it a little better!

I am going in late July to meet my niece's new baby that will be here in a couple of weeks and then my nephew's two little girls will be 1 and 2 in August - so will celebrate an early birthday with them. Plus visit with brother and sister and may get to through in a cousin's lunch!
Old 06-15-2017, 06:16 PM

Wow! Since you're from here, you know what you are getting into. It's not any cooler than it used to be.

Are there going to be any "themes" in the fall swap? I'm going shopping next week. So if there are no themes, I can get the "normal" stuff while I'm shopping. I already have a bunch of new stuff, but, I'm driven. I love I Spy fabric.

Would you believe I found a "Q" fabric? (My favorite swap is an ABC swap.) It was an accident. I thought it was a partridge. I looked up photos of partridge, but it didn't match. I tried quail and it matched!!

bkay