Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers! >

March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

Old 03-02-2015, 11:55 PM

Jeanne49,
I have Easter, happy to swap with you.
Kif
Old 03-03-2015, 05:32 AM

Jeanne I did have you paired for the mug rugs just didn't see you wanted both swaps. Please everyone send me a sign up for one swap then another sign up for the other swap titled which swap you want to be in. if its FEB mug rugs then say FEB mug rugs lol so I get it. slower than molasses. My apologies and thank you Jan for taking care of all who have been left out.

I loved the fabrics shown at that hideous web site. really? what kind of name is that for a quilt store!!! grin.. gross totally gross is all I can say. thanks for the link however

lots of fabric being traded glad to see people just picking up where I left off. I was thinking I could just post a list of people who want to swap but I am afraid some will get left off and that leads to hard feelings so I believe its better to partner those I can (sigh) and let the few who get missed partner with anyone willing. I know this leaves the option for two or three people who aren't on the list but its better than 20. with the same people not picked each month. that is not fair and I believe not reasonable. so if you again have a better idea how to do this let me know. I am all ears. not a full memory but all ears I never leave off anyone intentionally. Ever. I don't hold for favorites and I simply do what I can. thought I did ok this month but again.. blew it. shoot! maybe I will find a partner who can help me get the list together each month. this way there is a better chance at getting things done right?

SEND me PMs each month with name address board name and phone number. LABEL each and every sign up with FAT QUARTER SWAP for.. (month). this way your going to do a bit better with being kept on the list. I apologize for not getting this right. There are people who are far more skilled than I am at doing this. thus far no one wants this swap permanently. Only offers for help you out this month... so if you want to tackle this permanently let me know. I don't want people upset for being left off. I cant do any more than I am doing however.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:58 AM

Brat,
You're doing just fine. And I mean that sincerely!! I also say it as I'm one who KNOWS I could not run a swap..no way no how... I could try, but I fear I'd end up:
A- banned- no explanation needed
B- divorced- self explanatory
C- crazy-er- ditto on y'all know why

I can also confirm under penalty of never being allowed to touch fabric again that I sincerely believe you do NOT play favorites. As I was omitted this month, and if you did play favorites that NEVER would've happened because I KNOW you love me!

Lastly, in an odd way my omission has been a good thing...as I'm now swapping with a kajillion ladies, so I'm looking forward to LOTS of new fqs to pet, ooh, and aah over. Oh, and maybe use in a project, too.

Lastly, I have plenty of flowers, and Easter if anyone is still needing a partner. That is if there's anyone left I'm not already swapping with...lol..

Hugs,
Kif
Old 03-03-2015, 12:11 PM

As a newbie - it's hard enough for me to keep up with my own swaps, Linda. I have NO IDEA how you keep up with what all the rest of us are doing.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:12 PM

I'm excited about having Bullock for my partner. She was my ugly fabric partner last month. It almost feels like a relief to get to send her pretty fabrics this month!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:19 PM

Please Linda, don't worry about it, I know there are always others who totally understand and take in addl partners. I was away when the list was first posted and that's why I didn't notify you till yesterday. Jaba took me as a partner for the MR and floral FQ swap, and Kiffe and I are doing the side swap. So all is well in the world of swappers!!! Your primary concern should be your health and everyone understands this (or at least they should unless they are complete idiots). Hope I don't hurt anyones feelings with that last statement, but we're getting another round of sleet and rain again today so I'm not a happy camper. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS WEATHER!!!!! I want sun and warm weather and it can't come soon enough.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:41 PM

Mailed my floral FQs today. Now to work on the side swap.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by jeanne49 View Post
Please Linda, don't worry about it, I know there are always others who totally understand and take in addl partners. I was away when the list was first posted and that's why I didn't notify you till yesterday. Jaba took me as a partner for the MR and floral FQ swap, and Kiffe and I are doing the side swap. So all is well in the world of swappers!!! Your primary concern should be your health and everyone understands this (or at least they should unless they are complete idiots). Hope I don't hurt anyones feelings with that last statement, but we're getting another round of sleet and rain again today so I'm not a happy camper. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS WEATHER!!!!! I want sun and warm weather and it can't come soon enough.
Agreed!
We still have snow on the ground from a few days ago, and another snowstorm is headed our way. This one is bringing ice as an appetizer..joy, joy..NOT!
Kif
Old 03-03-2015, 06:45 PM

Linda, oh precious Linda. You are so wanted and appreciated. How do I know that? Look at how many people keep signing up for this swap. If someone gets left off it's not your fault. Don't take it so personal, you're only human for goodness sakes. And have you noticed that if someone inadvertently gets left off, they work it out themselves? And always remember, you give temporary names and give them many chances to get in touch with you if they were left off. If they don't like it - well, you know. There are many places on this board that they can join if they're unhappy here. I've thought long and hard on this and truly don't know how you do what you do. I, for one, could never even come close to doing what you do!!! Please don't leave us. There are a few people in this swap that will help you if you need it.

So, again, please don't be so hard on yourself, sit back and relax and let the cards fall where they may. Stress will not make things go away, just makes it harder. We (and you know who we are) love you, please call on us if you become overwhelmed or whatever, just ask.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:10 PM

Linda.....a friend Ive known for years has a personal motto "Do you best and BAG the rest!" No more being hard on our brat!!!! Yup we love her!!