Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-09-2013, 10:58 PM

Default swap

Thank you Painiacs (patti) I really like the quilt labels and I can always use a zip lock bag for my button collection.
Attached Thumbnails swap-001.jpg  
Old 03-09-2013, 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=clsurz;
ON ANOTHER NOTE: Be aware that beginning in August U S Postal will NO LONGER be delivering regular mail nor will post offices be open on Saturdays. They will however still be delivering packages to residents.

They passed this a year or so ago to become effective August 2013. Reminders are starting to show up in various places.

So if you have to mail a package starting in August make sure you do it by Friday of each week. Post offices will no longer be open on Saturdays.[/QUOTE]

Post office in Aug. 2013 will deliver letters to street addresses Monday-Friday, will deliver packages on Sat. will deliver mail to postal boxes, and any post office that is currently open on Sat. will remain open on Saturdays. So if your PO is now open on Sat. you will be able to send packages on Sat. come Aug.
I expect to send my SP's package on Monday or Tues. -your state is a coastal state too.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:01 AM

Default Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mothering Sunday in the UK and most of Europe.

It's Christian in origin, dating from the 16th Century - traditionally people visited the church where they were baptised - their 'mother' church. It's always the 4th Sunday in Lent.

Over the years it evolved into people giving gifts to their mothers and is now the same as that celebrated elsewhere in the world, although it is always held on the middle Sunday in Lent.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400882[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 637015152_o.jpg   cs0066.jpg  
Old 03-10-2013, 03:49 AM

Knitette-thanks for sharing. Have a nice day.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:59 AM

Still trying to figure out who has my name...no idea at all this time! Quiltnut4ever I hope you are feeling better. Knitette thanks for sharing the "Mothering Sunday" cards...it is so much fun to learn about different places. Wishing you a special Mothering Sunday for sure. Still have not heard if my SP got her package...the USPS shows it was delivered on the 7th.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
Another clue that could be me
TooMany, Sorry.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
No, mscupit804 LOL. That shows where the pkg left my house and went to Pensacola. It is on it's way!
OH my bad! I totally misread the whole thing!
Old 03-10-2013, 05:07 AM

Will be traveling on Monday and Tuesday, so if I don't respond to any PMs, please understand. I'll be online as soon as I can when we return to Tennessee. Need to get to Georgia to help sister and bring her back here for a week or so. Take care, eat healthy and enjoy all them boxes that are coming in. I'll be on the bench for the next few days, but not by choice!!
Whoever it was suggesting a pincushion swap, that's a neat idea - would love to do that Voodoo Bob (course, then I might not want to give it away)
Old 03-10-2013, 07:14 AM

Got my box stuffed and postage printing as we speak. Will go with the postman Monday afternoon. SP gave a lot of information, and I had more fun than usual this month. I will say that she likes to read one of my favorite authors who writes about paranormal type stuff. She's not a frequent poster. She has lots of other hobbies as well.

Can't wait to get a pkg this month as last month my SP must have been "imaginary" as that was the type of pkg she sent. Oh well, first time since the start of this swap that I got left behind, so not too bad. It happens.

Some great pkgs flying around --- really enjoy seeing the pictures.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 AM

Knitette, I love the Mothering Sunday Images. I have a lot of things made for Mother's Day gifts for the art show next Friday. I think I will print out your sunflower card to display with those Items. Thank you for sharing them with us.