Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 02-06-2011, 06:44 AM

Please make sure you use the new form included in this month's swap. As always, PM me with your info.

Let the sign up begin!

This is a monthly secret pal swap. There is a sign up every month, and you can choose whether or not to participate each month. You will get a different partner every month, and the person you send to will be different than the person you receive from.

You do need to send me a PM every month, as I cannot keep track very well of people signing up for more then 1 month. Please don't post a message on the thread about signing up, as I may not see it.

I would prefer that you resend your info, to make minor changes about holidays, personal preferences, etc.

If you would like to do it, please send me a pm with this information. If you are international, feel free to join!

if you are interested in joining, please send me a Private message with the following information. If I do not have a valid email or phone number, you can't participate.

Screen Name:
Address:
Address:
Do you celebrate Easter or be opposed to getting Easter related items:
Favorite Colors:
Favorite Candy:
Your favorite notion/fabric line, etc:
Your least favorite color(s)
Least favorite candy
Least favorite notion/fabric line
Brand of sewing machine:
Is there anything you like to collect?
Besides quilting, what do you like to do?
Allergies:
Can you mail international?
Favorite thing:
Anything you would not like to receive:
Do you drink any hot beverages? Preferred?:
Additional info (the more info you provide, the better):
email address:
phone number:

This form will be given to your secret pal. The more you put on there, the better she/he will be able to get things you'd like. Additional information may be helpful to them as well.

There is a 10 dollar budget for this swap. The 10 dollars can, or cannot include things from your stash. Postage isn't included in the ten dollars. The most important thing to remember with the budget is to have fun, but please do NOT spend more then $10.

If you want ideas on what to send, look at the previous swaps. Things that are always fun to get is fabric, notions, notepads, pens, postcards, handmade items, little things like that.

Sign ups will close the 26th of each month, and names will be paired on the 27th and sent out by the 28th.

Packages need to be sent out by the 19th of March. Send it as early as you'd like!

I really want to stress that if you sign up, please, PLEASE follow thru. It's a horrible feeling to not receive a package.
I will be keeping a list of people that don't follow thru. Sorry to be hard nosed but it's not right and it's been happening a lot here lately and we will not be allowed to do secret swaps anymore.

1. you must ship your package using a method that provides tracking and delivery confirmation. You can purchase it at the post office or if you print postage, it is free for priority mail and 19 cents for all others.

2. if your pal does not receive her/his package within a reasonable time (14 days max for within the same country, 30 days for between countries) a public note that you failed to send must be added to the Group Activity matrix. if your pal is still empty handed after 14 more days Swap Coordinators are required to post negative feedback against your account. You will not be allowed to participate in any more Secret Pal swaps. Also, other coordinators will not allow you to participate in their swaps.

It's all about fun, so please have fun with it.

If you have questions, please pm me and I will try to answer as quickly as possible.

This swap has been approved by PatriceJ.

Thanks!
Suzanne
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 AM

Hi Suzanne, just sent you pm and new info
Old 02-06-2011, 07:40 AM

Wooo Hoooo! Just sent a PM....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the swaps!!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:55 AM

Just sent my info to you - these are so much FUN! Thanks Suzanne for coordinating all this on our behalf.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:37 AM

PM sent :)
Old 02-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I will pm you later.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:10 AM

I've seen some of the wonderful swap items and can't for the life of me figure out how they come up with so much for $10. Seems like everything around here is pretty costly quilting wise.

How do you score such treats?

I would hate to be the sender and have just a couple little items because of that...any ideas would be greatly appreciated so I wouldn't shortchange anyone.

Thanks
Old 02-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
I've seen some of the wonderful swap items and can't for the life of me figure out how they come up with so much for $10. Seems like everything around here is pretty costly quilting wise.

I would hate to be the sender and have just a couple little items because of that...any ideas would be greatly appreciated so I wouldn't shortchange anyone.

Thanks
Everyone has their own formula, but for me, 1/2 of my gift is always from my own overall stash of craft related items, and/or things I've made and the other 1/2 come from shopping with the designated $10 budget at places like Joann's and Hancocks where I use coupons and my VIP discount which usually gives me at least 50-60% off the items i'm purchasing which allows me to buy more items.

Also, I always check out the clearance aisle at any store I'm at case there is anything that fits the bill of my buddy's desired items, as you can never beat a good deal! I always try to personalize things in as special a way as possibly I can, and just by making the right cost conscious selections while shopping, perusing your stash and a touch of creativity - anyone can come up with a pretty nice selection!

So - bottomline is - don't worry about it, it's all for fun anyways. The only way anyone would be offended is if you mailed a single 1/2 inch jelly bean and that was it to the entire package. Clearly that didn't cost $10, LOL. However - if you manage to find a 3 lb jelly belly, than that's okay! Just have fun and do what it is you can. Something small and heartfelt can mean more than and speak volumes that a box chock full of a million things. We are all in the same boat with the economy, and the budget for this swap fits just right in line with that. It's just meant to be a fun and inspiring experience for all of us - as often the packages come just when they are needed during the course of our lives during the given gift month. I hope this inspires you to join us!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 02-06-2011, 09:36 AM

P.S. - PM sent - totally in for March 2011!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 02-06-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029

Thanks
I personally look at it from the viewpoint that if a "treasure" or fabric is sitting in my stash and has never been used I see it as a free gift to go with my package which adds a little special extra value. However, I also try to find items on the person's list that I can include in the package as well. Sales, coupons and a discount at the LQS help too.