Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: May Day!! 2.5” ‘CANDY’ swap!!! Oh Sew Sweet! ***Closes April 1, 2013***

Blog Entries
    OK, I am so glad i saw you post the neutrals, I was wondering how you got 20 different neutral fabrics, but I am sure now I have them. I got a little side tracked. Since getting to Oregon the second time I have been stitching up Red hatters! My Sister and my Mom both belong and they are doing something fun this weekend and i think they all were in need of a few stitches. But it really has been fun to fix and tuck the wonderful costumes they wear. I told my sister it reminded me of playing dress up as a little girl! I guess I am going to join, as long as it does not inner-fear with my quilting!

But I was asked about a Red Hat quilt? any ideas?
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Wow it's amazing so many have that many different fabrics in one place. I would love to play but don't have that many different ones. I can't even go through my scraps because I don't have that many. I buy for each project as I go. I have a little bit but not 50. I will have to watch you all.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Owlvamp, I didn't have enough the first time either. I went to the fabric store and bought 4 inches of a bunch of fabrics. It gave me enough to be sure it would square up to nice 2.5 inch strips and then a good string for my string box. I kind of expected the fabric ladies to hate me, but they didn't even blink.

Blog Entries
    Sandra, check at your local quilt shop too, some times they sell scraps by the bag after they do a project or teach a class. I usually can get a bag on really nice big scraps for about $2.50. If they don't have them ask? all they can do is say no, or sell them to you! and there is always the quilter friend who does not like her scraps and will give them to you rather than toss them! Ask around you will be surprised!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just sorted everything from the last swap. There were only 3 that were obviously cut wrong. I consider that pretty darn good. There were only 4 fabrics that I'm sure I have a square of already. Again pretty amazing.

I now have close to 80 (not counting my own stash) 1930 - 1940's repro squares which thrills me to no end. In my mind I'm making a cathedral window with them. Who knows if it will ever get out of my mind and into reality.

Also, I have 39 Asian print squares. This is excellent because one of the quilts in the row exchange I'm working on has requested anything with an Asian feel. I'm working on a plan.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter I'm working on a cathedral windows quilt with 1930's also. It's my hand project for when we go out of town.

Blog Entries
    I have no quilting friends except,here on the board and the nearest place to get fabric is Walmart and it 50 minutes away and the other direction is an hour and fifteen minutes away.which would be Joann's . I have no local quilt shop it shut down years ago. I see like 280 2 1/2 inch blocks like for 10.50 on ebay. Is that a good deal?
    Sandra

I'm almost home-bound and rarely get out of the house to get to a lqs. I buy almost all of my fabric online. I use Fabric Depot or Whittles, or Thousands of Bolts. If you want to buy small amounts of fabric, Fabric Depot will sell as little as 1/4 yard of a fabric, and the prices are always 25% off the list price, and sometimes, up to 35%. I have never had a problem with the quality of fabrics from any of these companies, and others can give you other names, if you don't mind cutting your own fabrics. It usually cost less that way. Just another option.

all me crazy .. but I am in for 10 cottons and 5 neutrals. already PMd you. Nice to see some familiar names.

At my local sewing room they have the Stuido Acucuter* so I will be there cutting my candy.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    I wish I had somewheres to go cut my fabric or even buy it.
    Sandra

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast