Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT >

May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT

May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT

Old 05-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Swap Hosts

Has anyone seen the new Kmart commercial? I think it's for mother's day. The helper in a box. It's a verrrrrry bad monkey that no one would want.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by krystyna View Post
has anyone seen the new kmart commercial? I think it's for mother's day. The helper in a box. It's a verrrrrry bad monkey that no one would want.
nope!.....
Old 05-04-2013, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Has anyone seen the new Kmart commercial? I think it's for mother's day. The helper in a box. It's a verrrrrry bad monkey that no one would want.
I have and I think of you every time I see it! The box is labeled Mommy's little helper.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
clsurz you are gonna love your new baby. I have the Innovis4500S which is a step below yours and it is awesome. Make sure you try sewing on it too, sews like a dream. I didn't want to put all that stitch count on my machine so I ended up purchasing the Innovis 2000NX to sew with.

Have fun.
What's the big deal about having stitch count on your machine? I noticed it has such a feature on mine.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:25 AM

My zip totals 11 no matter how you slice it or I suppose if you follow Krystyna math one could argue it is 2.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
What's the big deal about having stitch count on your machine? I noticed it has such a feature on mine.
I think if you ever try to sell it, it tells just how much it has been used. Like mileage on a car. There may be other reasons as well. When someone lists their machine as slightly used, the stitch count tells the truth. Kinda like the grandmother who only drives their car to church on Sunday.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:43 AM

I love purple!!! So it must. Be me
Old 05-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
It lets you know how much wear your machine has had. Unless, you mean the stitch count on a design. That's for density, etc.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Swap Hosts

OK. I really need to be locked up. We went to an estate sale today, as I mentioned, and among other things, I picked up what turned out to be two meat grinders. My son, who is a sous chef, was looking for ours (my mother's) a while ago but I told him it bit the dust in the flood. So ... when I saw these I grabbed them. We brought them over to his restaurant so he could run them through the dishwasher to sanitize them. When we pulled up ... there was a group of people outside going through bins of stuff and tossing it into the dumpster. What they were tossing was TONS of fabric. Turns out they were a theatre group. Well, the stuff was all on top and clean so DH and I went to town and filled the back seat of my car. I guess they had just done a production of Brigadoon because it was all PLAID! So ... back home, I'm going through the fabric, folding, etc. and I realize that a good bunch of it is .... are you ready? ... not quilts ... but .... KILTS!!!!! Well, I don't want them, but I wonder if anyone else here does.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Sharon! It's me! I'm soooooo excited! Yayayayayayay!
No it isn't you, Krystyna! Sorry....I have a little thing in my stash that I am just waiting to send you if I ever get your name though...

Send those kilts to our friend in Scotland or wash them in hot water and make something out of felted wool!??!

Carol, that stitch count keeps you honest if you ever intend to sell it.

SP, I have your package ready to go but am waiting to get addresses for the FQ swap so I will just have to make one trip to the Post Office...color me LAZY!

Last edited by luvstoquilt; 05-04-2013 at 01:27 PM.