Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT >

May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT

May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT

Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Even though I am getting somewhat discouraged (not yet received for April, had very generous angels step in for February since that one was MIA), I will give it one more try. Sent my info to Lori today.
Don't be discouraged Nancy. There are so many great people on this swap. I have found that sometimes tramatic events happen that completely over-ride the swap. Occasionally we have swappers that just don't swap but I feel those are few and far between. Hugs!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:41 AM

I'm in again, I love this swap. Will send my PM next need to double check my info.

Donna C.
dconroy84

Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 AM

I'm in again, I love this swap. Will send my PM next need to double check my info.

Donna C.
dconroy84

Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 AM

I will send a PM soon. This will be my first swap. I'm pretty excited, but a little worried too. I've been looking at photos of past swaps and I don't think i can match them, but I'll try. I'm going to have to get a bit creative - costs are high in my neck of the woods.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 AM

I'm in again for May, though will admit it is for selfish reasons. Crud in my life has sucked the fun out of what should be a great month for me... birthday, anniversary, mother's day and so I will get my self-care from the QB.

I'll likely take a few months off starting in June as I will be moving and am unsure if it will be local or 2200 miles.

Hope everyone's weather and health are improving so the days become enjoyable for all.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM

Welcome!

I'd recommend just do what works best for you ... make something, send things from your area... I was intimidated at first as well (some of these ladies have FANTASTIC stashes and skills and I've only been sewing again for a year or so). Just go with the flow and know that we all do it for the sharing and fun and HELLO, WE GET A PACKAGE IN THE MAIL!!

But most importantly... HAVE FUN!

Originally Posted by Bilben View Post
I will send a PM soon. This will be my first swap. I'm pretty excited, but a little worried too. I've been looking at photos of past swaps and I don't think i can match them, but I'll try. I'm going to have to get a bit creative - costs are high in my neck of the woods.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 AM

I have not been forgotten and feel so happy -- received pkg from April swap. It was totally mangled by the post office which may have been the reason for the delay. Gotta watch out for those thin cardboard flat-rate envelopes that the post office gives out. If not reenforced with a lot of tape, they really take a beating. I don't know why they even made them like that. They disintegrate with the slightest drop of water.

I had made a suggetion to Lori that if a package is sent late or not noted as received by the last week of the month, that the sender reveal themselves to the recipient with a quick note or give them a heads up that it was sent and somehow got delayed (as in the case of this poor envelope). I know life can really go wonky, and I'd rather be able to give moral support and send prayers where needed than worry about material things. Afterall, we are supposed to be reaching out to build friendships and learn about each other who live in different areas. I am so blessed for being able to become familiar with so many people here. You are a great group of people!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bilben View Post
Please don't worry - it really is the thought that counts. Everything costs at least double here - sometimes three times - the cost of US and there is only one LQS, so I really have to get creative. I include a few Scottish souvenirs and some local information and I often make something (usually tartan, lol). As long as you keep your pal in mind, even if you can't get them the thing they want the most, you'll be fine.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I'm back! Have to give some thought to it before I send in my PM to Lori.
I saw the lovely photo of Blade and Melissa - still waiting to see one of you.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 PM

I am in again.