Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT >

May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT

May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT

Old 05-13-2013, 12:26 PM

I received today a pkg. from sewdamncute and I loved everything in it! She sent me fabrics, 3 books (just started on one of them), Dove chocolates, raspberry ice tea mix, magazine, the cutest needle case and a bamboo stiletto! THANK YOU DARLENE SEW MUCH YOU MADE MY DAY!
Attached Thumbnails may-13th-2013-001.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 12:32 PM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I just want to let my SP's know your gifts will be out soon. My 23 year old nephew went to the hospital on Monday and it was determined he pnemonia. He passed away on Wednesday. Life is crazy here. Tough on my boys and my eldest graduates from the University of Southern California on Friday. Keep us in your prayers. Brennen's death is tough on the family.
So sorry for your family's loss...will keep you in my heart.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:33 PM

I just want to let my SP's know your gifts will be out soon. My 23 year old nephew went to the hospital on Monday and it was determined he pnemonia. He passed away on Wednesday. Life is crazy here. Tough on my boys and my eldest graduates from the University of Southern California on Friday. Keep us in your prayers. Brennen's death is tough on the family.
Prayers for you and your family. It's tough loosing them so young.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Got SP package today from leiladylei54...OH....MY....GOSH!!! Stuff from Oahu
[ATTACH=CONFIG]413253[/ATTACH]
Here we have 3 half-yard batik fabrics, a Moda Scrap Bag with blues and tans, a Hawaiian pattern, a Simplicity pattern for sewing machine covers, organizers, etc, a composition notebook with graph marks, a pretty stiletto, some neat mini tongs, a Purple Thang, 4 spools of variegated thread, a hand made soap, treats for the fur babies (and apparently my 16 year old who insisted on trying the dog treat himself and loved it), a hand made little bag with Wet naps, some bobbin covers, some hot chocolates, and ladies I say this in all transparency, I lack in the teeth department and have to wear extensive partials which I hate, hate, hate, and so usually just avoid crunchy stuff. Today those babies are glued in tight while I enjoy each and every macadamia nut, macadamia nut candy, and chocolate covered coffee bean in the bags!!!!! Suffice it to say, if I post a completed project by 4 am you, you know the coffee beans are gone!!!!

Thanks so much leiladylei54, Mahalo
Attached Thumbnails img_2194.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 01:13 PM

I am so sorry, you and your family will be in my prayers.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

Received my April package from an angel twinkie. Donna thanks so much for the outstanding package. You seem to know me and sent me just what I wanted: a Christmas apron, 7 blue and purple fat quarters, plus a patriotic one, an embroidered applique, dog treats (Buckley likes them), pot holder, cute wooden sign, magazine, peanut m&m's, Precious Moment, purple ribbon, flip flop buttons (just too cool), pin cushion, yo-yos (how did you know I like them?). package drinks to put into water and a pattern. Hope I listed it all. Thanks so much Donna, you truly are an angel!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413265[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]413264[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails may-fat-qtrs.-2013-002-small-.jpg   may-fat-qtrs.-2013-003-small-.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 01:22 PM

just had to show you my goodwill score. This painting is a Hargrove, I have several of them, most of them are numbered. This one is not numbered but I did go to a site that sells Hargrove paintings and this one is listed for $1500.00, I got it for $37.00. It is called Quilting Bee.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413266[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

Kathy, hav4boys, so sorry to hear about your nephew. That is just so sad at such a young age and pneumonia! Hope this doesn't put a damper on your son's graduation from college and also your other son's graduation from high school.
Hugs and prayers for everyone!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:40 PM

Just got a phone call from mom........as they get the mail before I do. (FYI i live in the garage apartment behind their house) Saying that I received a large package from England.

Went to get it as it is from Knitette in Scotland. I love everything and getting the history on Scotland.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413268[/ATTACH]

Here is one of the FQ's close up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413269[/ATTACH]

What a great way to end my birthday.

again thank you Eileen... my dad may try to steal away the mini flask. LOL
Attached Thumbnails dscf3061.jpg   dscf3062.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Swap Hosts

What delightful packages coming in. Love Knitette's Scottish fabric. May I make a prediction? It will never be cut since it is simply too fabulous.

Verna, you really scored! Nice to have a treasure that's worth something, but what a terrific piece to own. Good for you!