Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1145 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 145 645 1045 1095 1135 1144 1145 1146 1155 ... LastLast
Results 11,441 to 11,450 of 11912

Thread: MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    Me too, MsCupid - jes lemme know. Hope all is well with you.. Hugs
    TY OK, I sure will.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Hi all,
    Thought I'd share with you what I have been doing with all the beautiful turquoise and white blocks I received from this swap during 2012.

I've just spent the last two days framing each block to measure 14.5" with three coordinating fabrics. I will be adding sashing and maybe cornerstones, and then it is going to one of my favorite long-arm quilters for her to work her magic (thank you Quiltermomma :-).

A huge 'Thank you!' to each of you that have contributed to this quilt. I will post a photo when it is done-done.

And to all my red and white log cabin swappers, past, current and future - Onward! :-)

best,
    d
    I would welcome any input regarding borders, sashing, and cornerstones. And, I should say this, the blocks are laid out in no particular order. I was just anxious to see them together at this point.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by Whigrose; 03-18-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    If it can be taught, it can be learned.
    Mug Rug #2 Swap
    Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap VIII- My theme is any block of kiwi greens, tangerine oranges, and a smidge of deep turquoise and dark chocolate browns.
    2012-2013 Row by Row-Groups 6 & 7 ... 2011-2012 Quilt for Quilters Swap

It's beautiful. Glad I was one of the exchangers!

Blog Entries
    Whigrose, all your turquoise and white blocks look fantastic! It's a Pretty color combo. I really enjoy seeing all your blocks together. :-)
    http://fl-quiltchic.blogspot.com/
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12

Judith glad you liked the block, centering the deer was a challenge. Have had the tweed looking fabric for awhile and never could find just the right fabric to use it with. Thought it went perfect with the differnt colors in the center of the block. Yours arrived and It's great, the lime green just pops. Will send a picture later.

Terriamn

That looks gorgeous! I really enjoy seeing pictures of all the blocks together.

Quote Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
    Hi all,
    Thought I'd share with you what I have been doing with all the beautiful turquoise and white blocks I received from this swap during 2012.
    Anna Quilts

Received these fantastic blocks from Terriamn. I absolutely love them. Thank you!
    Name:  20130318_181556.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  246.6 KB
    Name:  20130318_181605.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  255.1 KB
    Name:  20130318_181601.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  185.8 KB
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

cjr
    Whiggoose,
    It is amazing how beautigully all the different blocks blend together.All the different colors choosen by many different quilters look like done by one person. Happy to see mine. Be sure to post finished quilt.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

Banned
    The Turquoise and white. I like the layout too. What a great job.
    R

Blog Entries
    That is beautiful! How exciting to see all of your swap blocks together! Can't wait to see it once the LA quilter has worked on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
    Hi all,

I've just spent the last two days framing each block to measure 14.5" with three coordinating fabrics. I will be adding sashing and maybe cornerstones, and then it is going to one of my favorite long-arm quilters for her to work her magic (thank you Quiltermomma :-).

A huge 'Thank you!' to each of you that have contributed to this quilt. I will post a photo when it is done-done.

And to all my red and white log cabin swappers, past, current and future - Onward! :-)

best,
    d
    I would welcome any input regarding borders, sashing, and cornerstones. And, I should say this, the blocks are laid out in no particular order. I was just anxious to see them together at this point.
    It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
    Edmund Hillary