Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 01-24-2011, 05:22 PM

Thank you so much Katie Ann I just recieved my block from you! I love it. The colors are perfect. Will post a pic as sson as my batteries are charged. Thanks again. Unless you have a pic you could show right now.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 PM

I got a surprise in the mail today. It was from Dotty she surprised me with a charlie brown valentine block. I really really love it Dotty. You are a thoughtful and kind person and this block will be a great addition to my quilt. Thank you so much for the surprise block. And here is the picture of Dotty's block.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-167500.jpe   attachment-167501.jpe  
Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
To all,

I'm sad to say that I'm going to have to drop out of the swap for awhile - before I even really got started. :-(

My DH got laid off on Tuesday, and seeing as how his job had been the main bill-payer in the house, you might see how we were just a teensy bit panicked for a day or two, especially when, after numerous applications and sendings of his resume, my fantastically qualified DH had not heard a word back from a single one of them.

Sorry for you circumstances at present. Understand though, my son was just laid off. The company closed. It was just a small body shop with about 5-6 working there. God bless you and keep you as you make this lifestyle change...

A friend of mine at work (the ever-wonderful fabric store), told me, "You know, I hate to say it when it's so cliche, but sometimes when God closes a door he opens a window." I just agreed with her and wondered to myself when we were going to find the window.

Right about when we were starting to get desparate (because the longer it took for him to get working, the less the chance there was that he would get a paycheck in before he owed child support again), a job literally fell into DH's lap. 40k/year + 10% of net profits quarterly. Fantastic deal from an old friend of his who was under pressure to re-open his kitchen repair business and just needed someone to help him run it. And, just to put a little icing between the layers of this cake (because we all like that little surprise in the middle), he offered me a job too!

The only catch is that we're in Southern Missouri, and he's in San Antonio. Sooo....we're picking up and moving the 800 miles back to my home town as soon as we manage to see the kids one more time. A little part of me wants to go walk into the company that laid him off and tell them, "Look what you made happen. He's going to be 800 miles away from the kids again. Congratulations for your magnificent effort to destroy him." I usually manage to remind myself to just be thankful we have all that we do. Usually.

Now, story told, I hope to be able to rejoin the swap in a couple months, once everything has settled back down and we've got a few paychecks under our belts. In the meantime, you can guarantee that I'll be stopping in from time to time to see how things are going!

God bless you all,
Sloan
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM

I received my block from crafterbarbara on Friday. Just got a picture done today, so I can show it to you./
It is just lovely and she embroidereded a beautiful rose in the middle. Thanks so much.

Your block is in process and will be mailed on Wednesday. Thanks for your patience.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-167502.jpe  
Old 01-25-2011, 04:54 AM

very pretty. I love roses
Old 01-25-2011, 07:11 AM

Crafterbarbara - that block id gorgeous!! The fabric matches the embroidery so well. I'm very jealous.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 AM

Thank you, Katie Ann, for your wonderful blocks. We did and extra swap for January, and here are the beauties she sent me. As usualy, they are beautifully crafted! Thanks again, Katie, for your great work.

the blue is Pinwheel, the red is Amish Diamond
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167599[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-167594.jpe  
Old 01-25-2011, 09:03 AM

I just wanted to say a very heartfelt "Thank You!" for the wonderful outpouring of support that we have received from the board over the last couple of days. I've always said that quilters are some of the nicest people in the world, and now I have yet another bit of evidence to back that theory up! :-D
Old 01-25-2011, 04:16 PM

I agree - quilters are the best friends to have!! :lol:

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
I just wanted to say a very heartfelt "Thank You!" for the wonderful outpouring of support that we have received from the board over the last couple of days. I've always said that quilters are some of the nicest people in the world, and now I have yet another bit of evidence to back that theory up! :-D
Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 PM

kwiltkrazy and turtlerouge -- your blocks went out today -- start stalking the mailman!!