Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 09-15-2010, 06:25 AM

I love the fall colors!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:46 AM

Hi I just received my September block, It is very very nice. Great piecing, by Purmela. She also sent me a fat of great fabric with Las Vegas theme. :-D
Great swap partner. I sent yours yesterday.
Thanks so much to Purmela and to the board for their hard work and diligence.
Karen aka wichypoo
Attached Thumbnails attachment-109731.jpe  
Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 AM

Oops I realized I didn't post August block from MARIAH. another great block and a lovely lady to "meet". Very sweet girl. Here is her's. Sorry I forgot to take a photo of the fat you sent. but is very nice. and thoughtful. :-D
Karen
Attached Thumbnails attachment-109657.jpe  
Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 AM

Just a reminder to everyone. . .
If you are behind in sending blocks, please communicate with your partner about it so they know they have not been totally abandoned. If you feel you need a month off to catch up, please let me know and we can do that rather than having people get further and further behind and end up with unhappy partners. We all know unexpected circumstances can arise, but please communicate and then follow through, or PM me for a short time-out. Please "play fair."
If you have still not received your June or July or August block, please let me know right away.
shirley
Old 09-15-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Here are my blocks from Bibliostone. They are so beautiful and I love them! They are both so rich in color.

Thank you Bibliostone. The blocks are perfect for my theme!

What are the names of each of the blocks?
(Pictures are on page 35)
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. The "Quilter's Block Bible" calls the top one Four-Patch Weave. You are supposed to use two different colors for the points and have them "interweave" in the center and the small squares are a separate color. But, since I only had a remnant of the piece I used in the center, I made the points all one color and made the center a single block. Also, I used that fabric for the small squares.

The second block is similar to Clay's Choice, but that has the pinwheel points in the second block and the solid dark blocks on the corner. I don't know if this block has it's own name or not. I sometimes think there is only one quilt block and everything else is just a variation of it!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:09 PM

Received my Sept block from Sistahdebbra today it is beautiful. Love the colors. Will post pictures tonight when hubby get home, he took camera today. Thanks sistahdebbra.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:16 PM

[quote=jacquie]hi, just to say how 'over the moon' i was yesterday to get 2 wonderful blocks from my 'extra block' partner 'pats8e8' plus '3' !*! post cards and a note!!!!
aren't i the luckiest gal!!
the blocks are just goooooorgeous!!!
i'm so excited about this swap forum. and these are the first blocks i've recieved since joining the forum last month.
i have a photo to put on, but the browse button isn't here...mmm...
i will be back with a pic, when i 'sussed' this out!!
thanks 'sew' much pat!!
i love the blocks!!
love Jacquie xxxxx
Oh Jacquie, I'm so glad you like your blocks. What a nice idea of yours to also send post cards of where one lives. I received your blocks today and they are WONDERFUL! Can't believe all the work you put into them. They are super and the one with the muffins around the teapot is sooo cute! Thank you sew much also for the letter telling me about you and your family. You do indeed sound like a busy group. Keep up the good work, it will keep you young! I will post pics in a day or two, a little under the weather today, hope this dizziness goes away very soon, had it for two days now and am tired of it. I am so lucky to be getting such wonderful "tea" blocks. Thanks again.
Love, Pat
Old 09-15-2010, 03:23 PM

I also received my block from KR Karen today. What beautiful fabrics in this block! A very nice layout of the faric too. I love it, it will be so neat with my other blocks. Thanks Karen, and yours finally went out today. Had DH take it to the PO to make sure it was in the mail this time. Thanks again, and ditto my other post, I'll get pics up as soon as possible. What a geat day it was, receiving two sets of blocks, one from Scotland and one from the USA.
This is the best idea of a swap I think, such fun to receive a block or two each month! Thanks MadeinMaine for all of your hard work!
Pat pats8e8
Old 09-15-2010, 05:02 PM
cjr

I have been a member of this group since late July and received beautiful blocks. These artists deserve recognitation. I hope I can upload photos. It worked Yippee. I did extra swaps.

Top 2 are from abonda (she designed these. She is an artist) from Boston Mass. My DH is a lifelong Boston redsox fan and loved this.

Middle row: left is from ljdugas31 MA, right is from jetnica WV

Bottom left is from bibliostone OH, right is from lillie(NC)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110997.jpe   attachment-111239.jpe   attachment-111240.jpe  
Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 PM

How beautiful - all of the blocks look like they were made by artists - doesn't it just make you smile to be the recipient of such treasures?