Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 07-15-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
Originally Posted by toriabelle
Originally Posted by JanetWall
Ok I CAN NOT do this. To all my partners I can only do EMBROIDERY BLOCK"S . I have been working on this block for two day's. And it comes out to 12 inch not 12 1\2. So I'm hanging up my hat. Only Embroidery blocks from me. If I don't have the design you want it's cheaper for me to buy it than waist all of this fabric trying to get these blocks right. So Thank you for letting me vent. I'm so mad at myself right now.
If you're not using a 1/4" foot--get one. Best investment I ever made.
Me to
Also suggesting that when you cut your fabric, got this from several shows and I do it myself, that when you place the line on the ruler, that you are generous on that line/ It may seem odd, but it has helped me so much for getting the block to come out to the right size. I hope this helps. Also, to help find if you are doing the best size on your seam, take two 10" strips cut 2" each. Sew your quarter inch. Measure result to see that it measures 3.5". If it does not, keep working it till it does. Marys SUe Collins book helped me out on this. You are going to get there. We have all experienced this.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:25 AM

Corry thanks for posting the picture. I love the block.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:24 AM

I like the 1/4" foot with the guide, and then set my Bernina one click to the right - takes a teen tiny less of a seam, not enough to make a difference in points but adds up when you have a lot of seams. And QuilterMomma is right on with her suggestion.
Originally Posted by toriabelle
Ok I CAN NOT do this. To all my partners I can only do EMBROIDERY BLOCK"S . I have been working on this block for two day's. And it comes out to 12 inch not 12 1\2. So I'm hanging up my hat. Only Embroidery blocks from me. If I don't have the design you want it's cheaper for me to buy it than waist all of this fabric trying to get these blocks right. So Thank you for letting me vent. I'm so mad at myself right now.
If you're not using a 1/4" foot--get one. Best investment I ever made.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:25 AM

has anyone here done july quilting in the new year swap on this forum if so do you recommend it
Old 07-16-2011, 10:01 AM

All of the suggestion are right on,but here is on more,make sure you iron your seams,and do it carefully,I think ironing is one of the most important steps,alot of people can just finger press, I can't I IRON.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:25 AM

I got my blocks from austraila immemother. They were perfect for my batik star quilt, AND they were perfectly made. They grow those quilters downunder with super miracle grow. LOL
Thank you Immemother.

Also got an extra star from fromzstore and crafty....
Wait until you see my southseas Batik Star quilt.
R
Old 07-16-2011, 04:33 PM

Try this - works for me --iron from the front AND THEN the back of the block. When you iron on the front, iron at the seam going over it and pushing it nice and smooth. while GENTLY putting a bit of pressure on the fabric and pulling it gently away from the way the iron is moving.
Originally Posted by materialgrl
All of the suggestion are right on,but here is on more,make sure you iron your seams,and do it carefully,I think ironing is one of the most important steps,alot of people can just finger press, I can't I IRON.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:43 PM

did an extra swap with crafty 3790 here they are
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227451.jpe   attachment-227452.jpe   attachment-227453.jpe  
Old 07-16-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
has anyone here done july quilting in the new year swap on this forum if so do you recommend it
I have participated since January. It is fun, can be simple or advanced, whatever your skill set or comfort zone. Everything I have received, I love. I have recieved and made several different types of items.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:43 PM

Wow! I wasn't on for a few days and oh....those beautiful blocks you've all been posting!!!

I received some great ones too and here they are...finally!
Thank you, Thank you.

Robert, your block is on its way - hope you like it. That lantern was super fun to make!

Great June block from Okdarla
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227554[/ATTACH]

Fun Bear block from Rfbrazell
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227558[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227548.jpe   attachment-227552.jpe