Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 10-17-2013, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by CajunBear View Post
Oh I am glad it arrived and you like it! Fun getting to,be your partner!

hugs,
Betty
Betty, Your block is in todays mail. Do you want me to post a picture or do you want to wait till it gets to you?
I am glad we don't have to sign up every month and we just have to wait to see who we are swapping with. This month I just kind of rushed in and didn't consider that this would be a long standing swap. I look forward to getting to know everybody over the next few months.
Have a great day,
Phyllis
sunrise450
Old 10-17-2013, 06:30 AM

DIDO! I am going to post the most beautiful Paper Pieced Star ever......and she says she is a novice.....No chance.
Roberto

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
I received not one, not two but three beautiful blocks from Robert, rfbrazell, in todays mail. They are fabulous, white, black and each has some red accent. They are on point and I don't know which one I like the best. I told him I would post pictures as soon as I find out where my husband put the camera....not joking. My DH left yesterday to go to the huge swap meet in Hersey Penn. and then he is going to New Jersey to stay with his cousin for a few days so they can take in New York city. He took our small camera and the Nikon isn't where it should be. Hubby is notorious for not putting things back where they should be or from where he got them!!! Anyway, when he calls tonight I am hoping he remembers where he put the camera, if not I will go on a scavenger hunt tomorrow. Anyone want to place a bet on where it will be - barn, shed, detached garage, in the ranger, in his workshop! The time I waste on looking for things I could spend quilting! Anyway, thank you again Robert. I feel very fortunate that I was matched with him for the first month and even more fortunate to have made a good friend in Washington.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:40 AM

Welcome to all the new people. This is THE best swap on the board!
You'll be glad you joined us.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:40 AM

I've had a several new ladies join AND a few re-joiners come back in to start in November. It's gonna be a great swap. Hope others will re-join, and new folks are always welcome.. The more the merrier.. ;o)

How are you doing Shirley? Thanks for asking me to keep the Bee going..
Old 10-17-2013, 12:41 PM

No No I love to open and get the surprise of a new block! Just post a photo of the one I sent you!

Hugs,
Betty

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
Betty, Your block is in todays mail. Do you want me to post a picture or do you want to wait till it gets to you?
I am glad we don't have to sign up every month and we just have to wait to see who we are swapping with. This month I just kind of rushed in and didn't consider that this would be a long standing swap. I look forward to getting to know everybody over the next few months.
Have a great day,
Phyllis
sunrise450
Old 10-17-2013, 12:55 PM

OK, Brat - expect your block in a few days. I finally got to the PO to mail it. Hope you like it - there's a little surprise in there for you too.

Country-girl, yours is also on the way. There's a little surprise in yours too. ;o) Unfortunately, they've all laid here for a darn week, had to go to PO for postage!

Hope ya'all like your blocks..
Jean
Old 10-17-2013, 12:55 PM

Oksewnsew, am wondering if this thread for Version III of the swap can be made to "stick" at the top of the Member Swaps and the previous, Version II, be "unstuck" and allowed to drop down the list. It might make it easier for folks to find this. Just a suggestion.

Also, I rec'd a lovely depression block from my partner and she received a scrappy heart from me. I've got to press her block before I post a pic. Hope to do that before the end of the weekend as my sewing room is a catastrophe and I've got to straighten it up first so I can get to the iron.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:08 PM

Well if there is a way, I've not been told about it. I had hoped it could take the place of Version II, so wouldn't be so confusing, but---- So easiest way is just to go to HOME, scroll down to Monthly Bee Version III...sorry, that's just it for now..lolo There will be a 'continuing' post the first of November, continuing right in this same posting. Does that make sense? That way won't have to go hunting for it.

J
Old 10-17-2013, 01:24 PM

I think you have to ask the ADMIN to make this a "sticky" post and to "unsticky" the old post.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:39 PM

I believe you are right.
Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
I think you have to ask the ADMIN to make this a "sticky" post and to "unsticky" the old post.