Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 11-15-2013, 05:05 PM

This block is stunning!
Originally Posted by MandaLynn View Post
I'm so happy that you like it. I fell in love with it and was like this is the next block I make.

Oksewnsew it was paper pieced. I found the pattern on pinterest. I'll post the link tomorrow
Old 11-15-2013, 06:27 PM

OH, I received my block from Abdconsultant today and it is gorgeous! I LOVE it. Thanks so much. Sent you a PM too. Here's a picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447123[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails nov13-bee-abdconsultant.jpg  
Old 11-16-2013, 04:53 AM

oh that is so cute!!!

I received a surprise package yesterday from oksewnsew! It was a TURKEY of a gift lol.. ok a turkey literally. She made it out of oversized yo yos for the feathers and a cute stuffed front. I will post pictures when I get home from dialysis.. there was a darling mouse ornament out of round wooden balls and little pipe cleaner antlers. oh he can hang on WALDO!!! antlers for my antlered friend! Thank you it truly made me smile and I was blown away by your thoughtfulness. I collect turkeys of all things and well I have an addition to the turkey parade now
Old 11-16-2013, 09:05 AM

Brat, didn't know you collected turkeys. I'll have to send you something from our local festival next year -- Turkey Rama!
Old 11-17-2013, 04:56 AM

I have Miss Chickadeee55's block finished and ready to mail, but there is one slight problem. I think I had her name and address but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere. I have pmd her but haven't heard back. So if there is anyone close to her, give her jungle and let her know I am looking for her - don't want to be late in getting the mail out! It's my first attempt at string blocks and I think it went ok, I'm anxious to know what she thinks!
Old 11-17-2013, 06:09 AM

I haven't tried a string block.. is it hard?

I love turkeys. I used to have a wonderful collection of those vases from say the 50's or 60's ftd ceramic ones you put a bit of flowers in the back part? I had to sell them at one point and now I so wish I had them back! I love holiday decorating (surprise!) and the pilgrims and Indians are all so mean looking! so I started on turkeys. Thought I was the only one then one day there was this cover photo on the country living magazine and there was shelf full of them! turkeys! so phew I am not alone.. I miss feeding those buggers in my old front yard. Dozens.. they are such magnificent big birds.. all those feathers! my cats miss the feathers lol..

pics coming sorry flopped over really early oksewnsew promise to post today!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:31 AM

RFC, sent you a PM with info. Ya know, I have found that if you keep a small desk calendar by your computer, when you get your partner's info, write it down on that date, what the theme is, etc, then when it's time to mail, there it is...;o) You can also check your PM's, it should still be there. Just little FYI's that help. Guess that comes from working books and computers for so many years, had to write my 'mind' down or would forget stuff..lolo

YES, Brat, gotta show the pics. I have them if you need me to post. ;o) So glad you liked the package...it was just for fun. And, NO, string blocks are not hard to do..actually kinda fun.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:45 AM

I collect turkeys too! Lots of salt & pepper shakers, planters, platters, and plates. It is so interesting that a basically homely bird has inspired so many lovely objects. RedGarnet222 made me a great turkey that has become a tablecloth.
Let's see if I can find the photo! Ah, here it is. And one of my selvage pieces!
Attached Thumbnails turkey-log-cabins.jpg   turkey.jpg  
Old 11-17-2013, 07:49 AM

Oh Dotty, those are adorable...very creative.. ;o)
Old 11-17-2013, 08:13 AM

What cute turkeys we have on this board (mmmm take that however you wish on this bright morning ) .

Happy Day to y'all.

Hope to get my partner's finished up today ...

Yesterday was a little too hectic -- Our son & DIL are in Colorado for a mini honeymoon they never got to have. The other Grandma is watching their 3 girls mostly...well,

Friday night the 4 yr got croup and we were up with her until 4am(met her at son's house to get GDs medicine)

then I had to get up at 6am to take the 7 yr GD to her first 1 mile fun run (she did it in 12 minutes),

went to Hobby Lobby & Michaels to get "peacock costume" stuff for the 7 yr's Christmas program,

drop off GD back with other Grandma,

visited my sister in the hospital (40 miles away-1 way) as she was getting discharged from having pneumonia,

checked on S & DIL's outside animals as there were horrific storms last night and phew,

said heck with everything and finally went to bed at 9,

oh wait, I had to wait for my nephew come over and get the turkey and ham I had gotten for Thanksgiving for them.
Yep, no sewing yesterday.