Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 12-08-2013, 05:43 AM

Hi WBQ, She's a pit bull and the biggest baby of all time, a 55 lb lap dog. My son had a wonderful boxer, a real sweetie but unfortunately he died young. He and his wife now have another one, a rescue but he might be a boxer mix. He seems to have some bull dog too, and he's also a darling. Has to stand on everyone's feet. I think it's a boxer thing, isn't it?
Originally Posted by wanabquilter View Post
Is your helper a boxer? I have two right now Buddy and Holly. On the 14th I will be getting another Rosie.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:31 PM

ABDC -- I look forward to receiving your block! I'm not done yet, but I should have it finished within a week.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:56 AM

Merry Christmas Natasha,
I have your blocks done and need your address, thought I still had it from the last time we swapped, but I can't find it. So pm me with your address. Hope you like them. Please tell Jemma we are praying for her and a package is coming her way. I really like to have swaps with International quilters. It is the great way to learn about other places in this world we live in. I was so excited to have you again. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
R
Old 12-11-2013, 06:29 AM

Spoke to my fabulous partner tqualley.. I'm sure I threw her for a loop when I changed by mind about five minutes after I told her my theme!

She has requested warm colors, and I have requested a Virginia/UVA themed block, or simply orange and navyish blue- UVA colors. It'll be a present for my dear sister-in-law.

Originally my theme was going to be for my mother-in-law, then I decided that no amount of kissing up is going to make that woman like me, so instead, I'll be gifting a quilt to someone who already likes me. That's the spirit, right?

Up for side swaps. PM me!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:05 AM

this is so true frenchfryqueen. I am thinking some people will never enjoy us which is ok. Just spend time on those who do! I think you will end up with a much appreciated gift that you actually enjoy working on too. makes getting them finished that much easier!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:51 AM

I finally scraped the ice off the windshield and slid down to the post office and found beautiful music-themed blocks from both my November and December partners! Thank you so much!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Groovy Pieces View Post
CajunBear . . .

Your block should be in your mailbox on Monday, 9 Dec 13. I enjoyed making it; I hope you like it. GP

I anxiously await delivery! Thanks, yours to be sent soon!

Hugs,
Cajun
Old 12-11-2013, 10:51 AM

Oops -- very sorry I didn't mention my partners' names - CJR and ABDconsultant -- love the blocks from both of them!

Originally Posted by Likethedog View Post
I finally scraped the ice off the windshield and slid down to the post office and found beautiful music-themed blocks from both my November and December partners! Thank you so much!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:27 PM

Here's the lovely block I rec'd from QuiltingEileen today. Love the purples! The print is much prettier in person than in the photo. Thank you QE! Your block went in the mail today so you should have it soon, maybe on Sat or Monday if the mail isn't too slow right now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451409[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quiltingeileen-dec-2013.jpg  
Old 12-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Power Poster

That is a beautiful block. I should have my December Block ready to go out later today (Thursday) to my swap partner
Oksewnsew. I hope you like it. It is a Christmas theme as you wanted.