Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 12-23-2013, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
We had my X brother in law's funeral yesterday, he was all my daughters stand in father and it was one of the most emotional days of my life. I was hurting but to see my daughters, nephews and sister so devastated it was almost more then my poor ole heart could take. Going to enjoy our holidays even more because there is going to be lots more of hugging going on aroundhere then usual

Sending you extra hugs. Please know you are in my prayers.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
[I

We got ICE, but alas, NO SNOW!!! again.. Robert said he'd send me SNOW, so maybe if all will do that, I can at least cover my car...hahahaha lololo I know the ice is very dangerous for trees, animals and such, but the trees sure are pretty. It's like a Winter Wonderland for sure.

Everyone stay well and don't work too hard in the days ahead. Enjoy the season.
Hugs
Jean[/I]
It definitely is a savagely beautiful winter wonderland with all the ICE! My first official ice storm.......Jean, I sent you an email about our lunch date today.mi have to ask for a rain checks we just got our power back on late late last night, and have to repair damage to our barn, and take dog to the vets as he me kicked by one of the horses.
Talk to you soon!!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:40 AM

Cool Goodies Received

Mornin' All. . . Just returned from a long relaxing weekend & to my delight I received two goodies: Orange square is from CajunBear & the Yellow square is from AliciaH.
Beautiful work ladies . At this rate my quilt is gonna be snazzy ! ! ! !

Thanks Bunches ! ! ! ! . . . . GP
Attached Thumbnails 100_0228.jpg   100_0229.jpg  
Old 12-23-2013, 04:43 PM

Default Where did you get the Pattern

Where did you get the pattern for the Wreath you did. Out of this world. You can not say you are a beginner anymore. It was awesome my friend.
Stay warm and keep the Bow-Wows warm.
Merry Christmas Blessings
R

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
Hello everyone - hope all is well and everyone is warm and comfortable. We are in the deep freeze in Mid-Michigan, but what is worse is we are covered with ice. We had about 8" of snow on the ground and then we received a misty rain that covered everything with a thick coating of ice. Getting to and from the barn is a real experience and when the dogs go with me they don't even take off running like normal. This is the second consecutive day I am leaving the horses in the barn, their snow-packed paddock is iced over and I'm so afraid of them breaking legs. So part of yesterday I made 2 microwave bowl holders to give to a sweet lady who is a cashier at my local grocery. Her only family is her mom that lives with her, mom has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I picked up a couple of nice deep Carelle bowls at Walmart thinking they would be more spill proof for an elderly lady. I think everyone should have something from Santa under their tree.

Today, after routine vacuuming up the dog hair, I think I will straighten up all the fabrics I have been using and organize my fabric cupboard!
Old 12-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Power Poster

I received a beautiful quilt block today from Oksewnsew. It is called the 10 minute block, and is so pretty. I had not seen one of these. Thank you so so much for the block. We have been gone much of the day, so due to it being so late I will post a picture of this pretty block a bit later today.

I see some more beautiful blocks added above.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 PM

Sauki1 sent me two beautiful pinwheel blocks. I love pinwheels and its so nice to have a pair to put in the quilt top it will help even things up a bit.. different colors same block. Love them. Love the card also that the dogs sent too lol they are so cute in their holiday gear. I had to share the pic as well, its not every day that I get a card from dogs. IN fact I received two dog cards this year amazing how good at signing them they are I am just amazed with the quality of the blocks that are made and posted. wow what a talented group of quilters!

I am sorry for your loss. There is no good day to lose someone you love so much. I am glad you have each other to lean on in hard days to come. I am also sad to hear about people in the hospital, people with no one.. it is so heart wrenching. Retiredfirechief your always a wonder, always reaching out. You set such a wonderful example for the rest of us. I hope your barn defrosts soon. We have snow (you can have it) might get a bit more (you can have that too) and ice cold winds*definitely sharing that stuff.. I will remain nice and warm in my little apartment. We will share a steak for dinner and have a peaceful time. Between all the many phone calls. We have five kids between us, and four grandchildren. I am thinking we will be all talked out by the end of the holiday. Oh yes three sisters on my side and three brothers on his. phew I am tired talking already lol. Santa's grumpies are still watching you to make sure you good so you best be good for at least two more days

[ATTACH=CONFIG]453040[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]453041[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1528631_754957737851728_1746971581_n.jpg   1510564_754957707851731_9561796_n.jpg  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

Here is a couple of pics of the beautiful block that Oksewnsew sent me. It's called the 10minute block, and it is 3d like.
Enjoy!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]453090[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]453092[/ATTACH]
I haven't ironed it yet. This is going to look beautiful with my other blocks toward a beautiful quilt.
Thanks again Oksewnsew.

Merry Christmas!
Attached Thumbnails 100_1584-small-.jpg   100_1589-small-.jpg  
Old 12-24-2013, 02:53 PM

Thank you, JuneBillie. I just stopped by to wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, and be safe. I just can't believe Christmas is here already - I'm as bad as a kid, I want it to last FOREVER...lol

I'd like to thank everyone for welcoming me as I took over the Bee, I'm looking forward to the New Year and what all come up with for their themes. Let's make this an outstanding year.

Jean
Old 12-24-2013, 04:01 PM

Everyone have a Merry Christmas, be safe and enjoy your family and friends. Looking forward to next years block making.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:36 AM

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm really glad you liked the blocks. Love the cathedral window JuneBillie.