Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: MORE 2.5” ‘CANDY’ swap!!! Oh Sew Sweet! ***Closes January 15, 2013***

Quote Originally Posted by marybrace View Post
    Twisted Quilter, I love your quote from Dr. Phi. l
    Thanks! One year I was going thru a rough patch and heard Dr. Phil say this and I never forgot it. DH hates it.
    Last edited by Twisted Quilter; 02-12-2013 at 04:02 PM.
    If you choose the behavior, you accept the consequences...Dr. Phil

I wouldn't worry much about mingling swap candy. I try to keep mine seperate by bagging all I have for the given swap. Like this time I bagged all the 30's I cut. That's just me though. My method isn't perfect. It's sort of in my head. I actually am making a special "Birthday Candy" set that I'll only use there. Maybe that's my personal OCD? LoL
    SheriR~
    December 2.5" Candy Charm Swap
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

I try not to worry (too much) about mingling candies. That being said, I try to keep track and I do try to cut some from recently acquired fabric for each new swap. That way I am sure I am sending some new ones each time. My LQS is closing I hit their 40% last week so I will for sure have new goodies to share with the birthday girls.

Guess what I got today?!?! Youre right, my squishy!!! It is full of some gorgeous candy from everyone. Thanks ladies for all the variety of fabs. And thanks to Sheri fo the valentine candy, love it.
    SEW LUVD

Blog Entries
    I got mine Yippie, as I am leaving in the morning Truck packed to the top with all my sewing toys... I have no idea how I got it all in! I know there is room for this bag o' Candy!

I hate leaving scraps behind, but I guess I will just have to buy more later!

My PS package is waiting for me in Oregon. I have to remember to give the new address when I do the next swap. Hubby will forward to me, but why waste the postage!

Thank you Sheri for hostessing this swap, I love it, and I love your extra Candy pack! And thank you all swappers, you make it so special!

btw... I got my first Moda Candy club swap! I like the assortment and I will stay in the club for a month or two, but really it is an expensive way to get my candy!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Okay, now that I have over 2,000 2.5" pieces of "candy" and I'm dying to put some together...I need some suggestions as to how to choose which ones go next to each other, etc...Please help!!!

Honchey, I think you're not suppose to worry about what goes by what. Throw all your candy in a big bag, shake em up, grab and sew. I'm matching some up with neutrals so I have a separate bag of neutral. I did swap once with a lady who was color specific, so you could separate into colors too. Honestly, I think there are no rules. Does that help? LoL
    SheriR~
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html

Okay, I'm going to try to do it ....I've never done this before...AND...I'm having a hard time being color uncoordinated....

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Okay, I'm going to try to do it ....I've never done this before...AND...I'm having a hard time being color uncoordinated....
    You can do it!! Just close your eyes and sew!!! ...WAIT... eyes open while sewing...eyes closed while grabbing candy!

FYI, I've put in a request for the next Candy Swap. I'll keep you posted.
    SheriR~

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honchey, it is a bit scary at first, but really fun when you get into it. If you are doing 4 patches, make a stack of lights and darks and go at it. It will work! If you are doing simple postage stamps, anything goes. Mindless sewing can be so relaxing.

Sheri, I'm up for the next swap. I'll be watching you.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 LastLast