Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st >

Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Old 01-25-2015, 12:58 PM

Oh fiddlesticks. I am in! I'm not feeling happy about skipping it so I'm gonna go ahead and sign up. It's good to have these fun projects for breaks on my other work anyways. Like how I justified that?!?!?
Old 01-25-2015, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
Oh fiddlesticks. I am in! I'm not feeling happy about skipping it so I'm gonna go ahead and sign up. It's good to have these fun projects for breaks on my other work anyways. Like how I justified that?!?!?
Yea!!! I am so glad you changed your mind. And, yes, joining to give you a break from the "real" work totally justifies the decision. LOL
Old 01-25-2015, 05:04 PM

Count me in. Sew much fun. I will like greens and St Patrick theme.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:30 PM

I like greens and St. Patty's day things.

Originally Posted by dee1245 View Post
I'm in, again. Did my first Mug Rug swap for Valentine's. Received a very nice one plus other items Fun, fun, fun...and the beautiful results showed here on the board.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:01 PM

Sounds like lots of fun! I love making mug rugs!! Elisabrat, I've sent you a pm.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:02 PM

Oh, forgot to mention that I like the "green theme" and st patty's day . . . really, just anything ;-)
Old 01-26-2015, 09:02 AM

WooHoo Just signed up too!!
Tell me more about this pillowcase style PUHLEEEZE!!!
Whoever gets me...I love LIME Green so don't worry about using it! I'm pretty easy to please.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:58 AM

I'm in...and I'm wondering how it will be for the gals who've already made if the partner they get is "anti- leprechaun"??
Seriously, it is kind of confusing for me that it says talk to our partners to see what they want, but then some mug rugs are already made before partners are assigned...
Don't kill me Brat, I know you're wanting to... But this has come up, and I know you say it's a suggestion to check with your partner, but we're not obligated to make something to our partner's taste...but it's kinda hard if some do wait and make it "personalized", and their partner doesn't wait.
And I'm not trying to step on any toes, fingers, elbows, noses...so please if I have offended anyone, I'm sorry in advance.
I can see benefits to both ways... I've made in advance, but then I really want my partner to have something she'll love. So I make another. Yes, it's my choice, I know...
But thankfully this is not a full size quilt swap, or ALL of my partners would get the exact same thing every month: a UFO .
Thankfully a mug rug is a small project. And easy enough to make even with my Lupus brain and joints... and even if one is a bit of a procrastinator (not me, of course..lol).

And, NO! I do not want to hostess this, so don't go there, Ms. Super hostess extraordinaire Brat. You're a primo excellente' hostess...you do a superb job, and I could never do what you do!!! And you know I'm easygoing, send me what you're wanting to make..surprise me...etc.

Regards,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-26-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
See, I told you, skipping sleep and mug rugging is always a great thing!!
Krazy Kif
Old 01-26-2015, 12:14 PM

I love the idea of stating what our likes and dislikes are in a general way. But, other than that I am open to whatever I am sent, knowing that it will reflect the taste and abilities of my swap partner. I have found that being "surprised" by my partner has given me an appreciation of a style or creation that I would have never made myself, and most of the time I downright adore it!

If we enter in to the fun of a themed swap we probably should be open to whatever has inspired our partner and not put too many limitations on her. I had a swap partner once who loved a holiday I was never too passionate about.

She mentioned liking many characters involved in that holiday that I would never have thought in a million years to try and make. However, I found that I really had fun making something to suit her and it got my creative juices flowing in a way I would never have been inspired to if I had not gotten her for a partner. Does that make sense?

Just my two cents....and only worth a half........