Greens! Whites and Creams Mug Rug Swap!
What is a mug rug? A mug rug is an item you use to hold your cup of coffee or tea or soda and a small snack plate/napkin beside it. Its approximately 9x7 or larger so you can put that little plate on it and a mug.
1. You will be assigned a partner. This is not a secret pal swap. Each partner will contact the other partner for addresses. You are encouraged to talk to each other and find out little things about them so you can make a special gift just for them. find out if they want St. Patricks day or if they want color scheme of this month instead. this is a suggestion mind you but not an obligation. you may get one or the other due to what your partner had planned to make in advance. smile. it is thoughtful
2. You must quilt your mug rug in a fashion that you are most comfortable with. If you don't know how to paper piece maybe stick to regular piecing for this item. It must be sewn, with 100 percent quilters cotton, bound, and with batting in between to protect furniture from possible destruction due to heat/cold. Be creative. Send something you would be proud to put out yourself. Be kind about what you receive. Any complaints MUST COME TO ME ONLY. Let me deal with anything please. The quilting board is a place we all come to enjoy ourselves, make friends, share ideas. Not everyone is a perfect quilter. BUT everyone tries. We all started somewhere so be considerate when posting.
3. You must send by Feb 26th and send me notice that you have sent to your partner. Any delays must be shared with me prior to this date. I want everyone to receive a partners trade. This calling on angels is getting old around here. Be responsible. you sign up? you send. Period.
4. You are free to include tea/coffee and a small treat to go with your mug rug. If your feeling very generous you can send a bit more but nothing is obligated. fat quarters or other fabric related items are also perfect little add on's...any of the above are always loved. YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO DO THIS however so keep this in mind when sending and receiving.
5. Any questions? contact me immediately and I will help you get started.
SIGN UP TODAY! You must send a private PM to me letting me know: name, address, phone number for emergency use by me only, and if you have a color or theme you love the most please let me know. Names will be given out Feb 2nd the latest. sign up today! You are required by the board to send things you sign up for. If you don't you risk having the ability to swap again in other events so make sure you follow through with what you sign up for. Again per board rules anything about your partner or the item they swap to you that does not please you is NOT to be posted on the board but sent in private email to me to sort out. Its polite and its the right thing to do.
also! please take a picture before you send as your partner might not be able to post one! don't post until your sure your partner has received and you are sure they cant post their own picture. thanks!