Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme! >

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Old 04-23-2015, 05:51 PM

You beat me Lynnie, I had 2 customer quilts to quilt on the long arm today...they are done and she picked them up. Brought me another one to do by May 1...I can do if my back holds out.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:27 PM

yippee sign me in for MAY....
Old 04-24-2015, 06:40 AM

Just sent PM to ctyankee love May love spring.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:54 AM

I'm in for this one also!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:13 AM

Hope you two sent your sign up information. Ctyankee is a blessing to me on doing the sign up part of this swap. She works hard at giving everyone partners, keeping information straight and keeping everyone of you happy. I love doing the swap but often mix up people or forget people on sign ups so this is working perfectly for both of us. I hope. As long as she gets your information in PM she will make sure your partnered up for another fun month.

Lynnie you crack me up. You and Jaba are the FASTEST at making these mug rugs. WOWSA. done already? love it! It is not such a fast project for me it takes me about 3 hours start to finish. picking fabrics, cutting them sewing them and binding them. yup. you got me beat. but still 3 hours out of an entire month of 24 hour days is not a big time commitment and its so much fun. Who doesn't love seeing the mug rugs that come in? if your talented with the computer (ie not me) could you take a copy of all the photos for April and put them in one picture to post on this site so show what we have done? I think it helps so much to see everything together at once. Your ideas.. pop! lol mine sure do.

If you haven't signed up yet we would love to have you! please send a PM to Ctyankee as she is the one doing the sign ups and assigning partners. You need to send her your full name, address and PHONE number in case there is trouble with a partner not receiving. It will not be shared with anyone that you do not chose to share it with yourself. so again, no posting of information here on the board just in a private PM to Ctyankee. We have about a dozen already so jump on in! send it today!
Old 04-24-2015, 11:51 AM

OHohohohoh....... I would love to do this, but I will have to wait till later. The due date is my last day of school and I know that I will busy trying to get things done for the whole last week. So you all have fun.
The only other thing I could say, is "if" Elizabrat and ctyankee would allow me to do it with a swapper as long as that swapper is ok with after the "due" date. Just let me know.
Now that I am in my last 30 minutes today....which just as a proctor for Jr&Sr duel credit classes...I have only 19 days of school left before summer starts. Can't be this year has gone so fast.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:56 AM

Ok Lynnie- you convinced me. I will come play again this month!
PM sent and received. I will look at my fabrics this weekend.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:59 AM

But only because I got my garden in AND will need a distraction from snacking. I just spent the last six weeks losing 20.1 lbs, and now have to cycle back into "normal" life for the next few weeks before I can tackle my muffin top problem again.[ATTACH=CONFIG]517924[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20lbs.jpg  
Old 04-24-2015, 04:08 PM

When is the last day to sign up for the mug rug? I have never made one.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

WOW, Dorothy, what a great accomplishment!! congrats!! I have to loose about 40 b4 anyone notices, I have to loos 40 all together. You did great!!! So glad you joined us.

Robinlee, why can't you make it over the weekend. it only takes an hour to make on. don't put it off to the last minute, and you'll have it done in no time. Mine took about an hour to make and that's coz I couldn't find the fabric I needed.

Suzy, come join the fun. Go back and look at last months to see what they look like, or go to google or bing and type in mug rugs. there's a bunch of them there to get an idea. steel one of their ideas. Have fun, nothing fancy, but make it neat and cut all threads. Everyone wants something nice. so just double ck for the loose threads, and do what's best and easy for you. have fun and join in.