Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme! >

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Old 04-22-2015, 12:40 PM

Default Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Welcome to the May Mug Rug swap! this months theme is " How does your garden grow?"

What is a mug rug? A mug rug is an item you use to hold your cup of coffee or tea or soda and a small snack plate/napkin beside it. Its approximately 9x7 or larger so you can put that little plate on it and a mug.

1. You will be assigned a partner. This is not a secret pal swap. Each partner will contact the other partner for addresses. You are encouraged to talk to each other and find out little things about them so you can make a special gift just for them. This month we are doing a mug rug in the theme of How does your garden grow? You do not need your partners garden ideas to get started. This months is makers choice. If you grow vegetables then please sew a vegetable garden! if you prefer to garden with flowers then sew a garden full of flowers. Its your call! it doesn't get much easier than that! and if you don't garden? what type of gardens do you enjoy the most? sew that! tada! something for everyone and best part is surely you have something garden like in the the fabrics you have right at home. flowers? veggies? garden gloves and shovels and birds sitting on a fence! lol. look around bet you can come up with something pretty darned cute. what about the colors of your garden if you don't have flowers and prefer modern designs? why not do greens and oranges and yellows and whatever you think of to represent a colorful garden? no one gets left out here! lol.

2. You must quilt your mug rug in a fashion that you are most comfortable with. If you don't know how to paper piece maybe stick to regular piecing for this item. NOW for firm rules: IT MUST BE SEWN WITH 100 percent quilters cotton, with batting in between to protect furniture from possible destruction due to heat/cold. If you can not bind or don't want to learn how then it must be turned neatly and cleanly and stitched shut at all times. Be creative. Send something you would be proud to put out yourself. Be kind about what you receive. Any complaints MUST COME TO ME ONLY. Let me deal with anything please. The quilting board is a place we all come to enjoy ourselves, make friends, share ideas. Not everyone is a perfect quilter. BUT everyone tries. We all started somewhere so be considerate when posting. Please try to work out issues with your partner first, privately, before writing me.

3. You must send by May 22nd this time and send me notice that you have sent to your partner. Any delays must be shared with me prior to this date. I want everyone to receive a partners trade. This calling on angels is getting old around here. Be responsible. you sign up? you send. Period. two months of no sending and your out of the swap permanently. Period.

4. You are free to include tea/coffee and a small treat to go with your mug rug. If your feeling very generous you can send a bit more but nothing is obligated. fat quarters or other fabric related items are also perfect little add on's...any of the above are always loved. YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO DO THIS however so keep this in mind when sending and receiving. some send a lot some can not afford to do this. No one should be made to feel bad because you chose to send a bunch and they couldn't. Remember this is an optional side item and what you send is a gift. Period.

5. Any questions? contact me or ctyankee immediately and we will help you get started.

SIGN UP TODAY! You must send a CTYANKEE a private PM to letting her know: name, address, phone number for emergency use by her only, and if you have a preference of what you receive just send a hint and she will share it with your partner. Names will be given out by May 1st the latest. sign up today! You are required by the board to send things you sign up for. If you don't you risk not having the ability to swap again in other events so make sure you follow through with what you sign up for. Again per board rules anything about your partner or the item they swap to you that does not please you is NOT to be posted on the board but sent in private email to me or your partner to sort out. Its polite and its the right thing to do.

also! please take a picture before you send as your partner might not be able to post one! don't post until your sure your partner has received and you are sure they cant post their own picture. thanks!

Linda
Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:44 PM

Ctyankee is raring at the bit to start taking your sign ups (running haven't told her I am posting yet!) so start bombarding her today with your happy to joins! lol. This is going to be such a fun swap seeing the literal and abstract concepts for a garden I am sure we will all be enchanted with the designs. Here in Wyoming another month for above ground planting I hear but you can start with some potatos and such I think. Jaba is the expert on that. I plant parsley and basil. whoop whoop! her garden is about the size of my yard which is half an acre! and I am meaning her veggie garden alone! so what will you plant? I guess I am an arm chair gardener lol. love watching your gardens from my armchair lol! SIGN UP TODAY AND GET THIS PARTY STARTED!
Old 04-22-2015, 01:26 PM

Ok count me in for May!
Old 04-22-2015, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

I'll track her down and sign up. hope my machine will cooperate with me.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:55 PM

I am in again!
Old 04-22-2015, 05:33 PM

Just a reminder -- please PM me with your full name, address & telephone number. When the info is received, I can sign you up. Thanks. This is going to be a great swap again this month!
Old 04-22-2015, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
Just a reminder -- please PM me with your full name, address & telephone number. When the info is received, I can sign you up. Thanks. This is going to be a great swap again this month!
looking forward to this one, here is the information

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-23-2015 at 02:32 PM. Reason: delete PII
Old 04-22-2015, 09:06 PM

I LOVE the Theme! I've sent my info to Ctyankee...should be fun!!!
Old 04-22-2015, 10:00 PM

Just sent my info to Ctyankee,love the theme
Old 04-23-2015, 03:58 AM

Nine people have already signed up!