Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed >

MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

Old 01-18-2013, 05:18 PM

Thank you NElco for all your hard work. I hope my person likes what I will send. I've never made a mr before so I hope you won't be disappointed. I've been out of town all week taking care of my dau and her 3 little ones. My dau and her youngest got the flu and the little one was hospitalized. I don't think I'll have time to go back and look for my partner so ahead of time I'm sorry.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:40 PM

Tracy...love the colors and you did a wonderful job

Brat....I hope your dialysis is going well. My sister was on dialysis for over a yr before she got her transplant 9 yrs ago. and my mom was doing PD Dialysis. Sending good and warm hugs.

And to all that are out there looking for their partners likes...Keep up the good work LOL
Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 PM

I have received my MR partner and have done some "snooping." My project for this long weekend is to complete this and get it in the mail. I like that it is a surprise.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:06 PM

Just finished mine and am going to try to mail tomorrow since the post office is closed on Monday. At least it will get a start on its way. Hope she's going to like it.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
ok. ireland-- how do you stalk?
Sorry Nancia I was out of town, but you go to their profile, and click on the links under their name for their current posts or started threads. And hopefully they have talked about themselves or mentioned what they like in some of their posts. It can be time consuming if you get someone who is chatty, but those make for the most fun because they always spill the beans about what they like. The tough ones are the ones who don't post anything
Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 PM

Do you think we could all be hired out as PI's from all our stalking on each other LMAO
Old 01-18-2013, 10:22 PM

Nelco, well, many of us are mothers, and you know there is no secret that a mother can't find when she puts her mind to it! I used to say when they were looking for Saddam and Osama that they should just get a bunch of mothers on their tail, they'd find both of em quick! Same with the nukes they were looking for, lol! My mother used to say "Mother knows all!" Pfft, if she only knew!

Pretty pretty so far! I love all these colors!

I'm going to Montgomery, AL tomorrow with a friend to a quilt shop that's going out of business. They're giving their signed up customers first dibs on the closeout pricing, and she can bring a friend!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:08 PM

I thank you guys for the well wishes. Dialysis is ..boring. everyone else gets to sleep and you want to like someone hit ou on the head wonk your out.. but me my blood pressure is naturally low 90/60 on a real good day and well it drops to 60/30 today 40/22 an well they get all hysterical and no napping for the brat. i even have to do like aerobics from my chair frantically waving arm over and over lifts whatever to get it up high enough that they let me go home. and pass out tired I am just so .. tired guys. Trying to do my best and it seems its taking more than normal. Fingers crossed there is a kidney with my name out there. faith is a good thing.

I finished one mug rug! bet your green with envy huh? maybe its yours! maybe not. yours might be the other one.. I found so many I love on pinterest then I got back to what i can do right? lol some of those are so adorable its not funny. here is one that had me big time smiling today wouldnt this be the cutest thing ever?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389096[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mug-rug-1.jpg  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:38 AM

Isn't that the cutest thing???!!! Wish I was talented enough to copy that idea. Two mugrugs done so far....working on more and then will choose the one I think is the best to send to my partner. I have no idea what colors she likes so I hope whatever one I send, she will be happy with.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:38 AM

The color question sorta cracks me up. We are quilters and need color from all over the spectrum to create our little beauties. I think we gravitate towards some more than others but like a painter you never ever fill your box with only some .. you need them all. I need them all and while my house is coordinated per say those neon mice on the floor. the green tiles on the end table, the paintings the kids did in crayola color (twenty years strong and counting) and pale roses yet brown .. you know its more colorful than I would have said. I would have said its neutral. Whatever you make will be truly enjoyed dont stress it. here is another one that I found that said cute too:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389123[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mug-rug-5.jpg