Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Be My Funky Valentine Swap ... xoxoxo ... Sign-ups end September 30th

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingmommy View Post
    Yes, adding a boarder was my first thought too. But a strip at the bottom might make it seem too off balance, maybe 1/2 inch to top and bottom of the same background color fabric so that the heart is still in center? Or maybe not in same background fabric but a single heart/valentines print?
    Well it is a "funky" swap so it doesn't have to be balanced!! Once it is put will the variety of other blocks we get, I don't think it will be noticeable.

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    Another quick question.

Should the fabric be washed ahead of time? I bought my fabric yesterday and was not sure if I should wash it first. I generally wash apparel fabric as soon as I bring it home.

I checked the first post and could not see this addressed, but one of the other swaps I read about, requested unwashed fabric.

I will commit to one set of 6 blocks.

I am thinking about it. I"ll keep an eye and let you know. My DS will be visiting me for 3 weeks so I dont know how much sewing I'll get done.
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    Another quick question.

Should the fabric be washed ahead of time? I bought my fabric yesterday and was not sure if I should wash it first. I generally wash apparel fabric as soon as I bring it home.

I checked the first post and could not see this addressed, but one of the other swaps I read about, requested unwashed fabric.

I will commit to one set of 6 blocks.
    I don't state on my swaps because I know sometimes if you have pre-cuts or scraps it can be difficult to wash. If you are able to easily wash, I would, if they are not easily washed, don't worry too much. If you are concerned about washed vs. unwashed when getting your blocks back, you can gently wash all the blocks once you receive them in a sink with dish soap. I have done this and had no fraying or falling apart. I hope that helps!!

Rachel

I'm thinking about this one real hard...

I have my Dad still with us (from when he had his stroke in May-- he's doing great but I think he's too lonely to go back home ... and he LOVES "helping" me with blocks from prior swaps).

Please do stress to have the blocks at least the sizes requested -- preferably a little bigger so they can be trimmed down if needed as you can't "stretch" another 1/8" generally. As I am trimming/squaring up blocks from other swaps, this is the one thing that is driving my Dad bonkers -- how the blocks aren't the correct size (hearing an 82 yr old repeatedly whine is not pretty I'll tell ya). I know the skill levels vary but sizes shouldn't be too bad for everyone. I've told him I'm sure some of mine in other swaps had to be adjusted too as that "just happens" sometimes.

I'll bookmark this and see how "life" goes for another week or so.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
    I'm thinking about this one real hard...

I have my Dad still with us (from when he had his stroke in May-- he's doing great but I think he's too lonely to go back home ... and he LOVES "helping" me with blocks from prior swaps).

Please do stress to have the blocks at least the sizes requested -- preferably a little bigger so they can be trimmed down if needed as you can't "stretch" another 1/8" generally. As I am trimming/squaring up blocks from other swaps, this is the one thing that is driving my Dad bonkers -- how the blocks aren't the correct size (hearing an 82 yr old repeatedly whine is not pretty I'll tell ya). I know the skill levels vary but sizes shouldn't be too bad for everyone. I've told him I'm sure some of mine in other swaps had to be adjusted too as that "just happens" sometimes.

I'll bookmark this and see how "life" goes for another week or so.
    I hope you can join us!! That is a good tip about the blocks. It's always better to err on the side of too big than not big enough. We wouldn't want to do all that hard work and have one of our blocks be unusable right?

Cheers!
    Rachel

I would love to join you again in a block swap. please add me to your list. I will make as many as I can, always biting off more than I can chew!

Blog Entries
    I think I will join this one.
    I don't have a quilt for Valentine's yet.
    pm'ing you now.
    In my quilt lab!

Add me to the list. I love that I have been able to use so many of my embroidery designs in the swaps I have joined. It's so much fun watching the design progress as the stitches are laid down. I try to change the color of thread or fabric in appliqués and I can't wait to get one design completed so I can start another to see how it will look with the different colors

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

I have all you ladies signed up!! I hope we are able to get a few more to join us too. Be sure to post your blocks as you make them (or make samples) to inspire others to jump in with us!! I am really looking forward to this swap!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast