Needlecase Exchange

Old 07-30-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
Okay ladies you asked for updates!! Well were one day away from end of month and no i haven't gotten mine from my swap person. So I'm not waiting I'll just get ready for next swap and hope it turns out better. Sue Oh Jigs1354 yours are wonerful,Great Job!!!!!!!!
Bless your heart! Just want to send you a big {{{{{HUG}}}}}!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:25 PM

There really are wonderful Angels on here!!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:36 AM

quiltymom-- that's crummy!! i sure hope whoever your partner was has not fallen on hard times! my partner for a different swap fell and broke both feet! i forgave her immediately!! now, her swap item has gone astray with no sign or clue where. our p.o. is not one of the better ones so it could be on the way to hawaii by now!! i hope your partner is alright and there is some very good reason why yours hasn't arrived yet!!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 AM

If I may add my 2 cents. Aren't the needlebooks supposed to be finished before we sign up for a swap. I'm sort of new here but I thought that would prevent this from happening. From the time of posting and the time we signed up there was plenty of time. Of course things happen but I would be thoroughly disappointed with swapping.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by MarLeClair View Post
If I may add my 2 cents. Aren't the needlebooks supposed to be finished before we sign up for a swap. I'm sort of new here but I thought that would prevent this from happening. From the time of posting and the time we signed up there was plenty of time. Of course things happen but I would be thoroughly disappointed with swapping.
I believe some swaps are like that but for this one, we had the option of waiting until we had our swap partner's name and preferences. However, they were all supposed to be mailed by June 29 and have a mailing confirmation # (at least, if mailed within the states). IF there is a problem getting a swap mailed, the sender is supposed to contact the hostess and explain. Emergencies/accidents happen and are beyond our control . . . but a partner shouldn't just be left waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting, without a word of explanation.

Last edited by Neesie; 07-31-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:26 AM

Okay I feel its time to just move on!! I hope you see you on the Aug swap. I think Caroline will be back soon!!! Thankyou all for your kind words!! Quilty hugs to all,Sue
Old 07-31-2012, 10:44 AM

I agree to that missing partner business, that's way to lame not to explain it why, hows or what evers. I think she deserves that much anyway. I'd be so embarrassed if I did that. So if the swap partner would come forth and at least say I'm Sorry just couldn't do it that would at least make the other swap partner feel better rather than all this time in waiting. She could have let the hostess know she wasn't able to make the needle case. Doesn't matter the reason just let someone know. Things do happen out of our control, we all have had that happen. So missing sewing case swap lady please let your very sweet swap partner know your sorry about this whole thing. I'm sure she won't send out the swap police.
JIgs1354

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I believe some swaps are like that but for this one, we had the option of waiting until we had our swap partner's name and preferences. However, they were all supposed to be mailed by June 29 and have a mailing confirmation # (at least, if mailed within the states). IF there is a problem getting a swap mailed, the sender is supposed to contact the hostess and explain. Emergencies/accidents happen and are beyond our control . . . but a partner shouldn't just be left waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting, without a word of explanation.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:31 AM

The problem was from what I heard is she mailed it without Del Con. but never got here. A couple weeks ago she was going to send another one but still----- Anyways I'm just ready to move on-------
Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

I am sorry too that you have been waiting all this time. I also know things happen, but a month past due date is not normal with no word of what is going on. As said, we all have things happen, that's life, but please just let the person know what is going on so they know something. That is just being kind.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:43 AM

Like Quiltymom said, several times, let's let it go... By now the poor lady is probably too embarrassed. Hopefully, she won't just drop out of the quilting board.