Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW SWAP!  Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks! >

NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks!

NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks!

Old 11-26-2013, 03:36 PM

Jaba, I'm glad you like the fabric. I'm hoping it's considered 30's fabric, so I can use it for the swap. If not, I'll order some from the internet. Just making sure before I make my blocks.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:14 PM

I didn't have any at all so traded FQ's but 1 FQ is only enough for 6 blocks. I won't have any for myself that I send in, was hoping we got 1 back....since I signed up for 6. Next time I'll just sign up for 5 sets so I can keep one for myself.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:37 PM

Jaba, if you use fat quarters, even if you sign up for 5 sets, you won't be able to keep one. You have to buy more fabric than a fat quarter in order to keep one. I wasn't thinking about it very clearly and that's what I did too. :-)

Happylab, does your fabric have words on a selvedge? Sometimes you can look up online if it's considered a 30's reproduction by using the info printed on the selvedge.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:50 AM

Yes- me to Jaba -- it took me all day to make 16 blocks! - Julie

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Have to say I'm glad the 30's has changed just a little. But if that's all you had...you would have used it I'm sure. Have to confess, I started on next month's today until the other fabric comes. This is the 1st time I have ever made this block. I didn't have any problems with the size but they sure take longer to make than what I thought!!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:20 AM

givio, you are so right! Have not a clue what in the world I was thinking, apparently I wasn't!! Woke up at 1:56 a.m. and had been dreaming of this swap....it finally came to me. OMG better late than never I guess, the old age must be sinking in faster than I thought. Use to be pretty good at math too, don't know where it all went
Old 11-27-2013, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
Would these be considered 30's fabric?[ATTACH=CONFIG]448798[/ATTACH]
Is there any information on the selvage? That would tell you a lot. If not, how about if you post this picture in the main thread on QB and see if someone and ID the fabric.

Jane
Old 11-27-2013, 07:22 AM

Jaba - - you're so funny! Givio is right. 1 FQ will make ONE set of D4P blocks. 1 FQ = 12 5 inch squares. If anyone wants to make an extra block (or 2) to keep for themselves, consider using 1/3 yd of fabric --> 16 5 inch squares.

I'm so excited to see all these sets! Keep up the great work!

Jane
Old 11-27-2013, 06:26 PM

LOL Maybe some of you have fibromyalgia too and don't know it yet. I can do very careful calculations and check them several times, only to find I have made the same (duh) mistake each time. No matter how carefully and clearly one THINKS they are thinking, when the fog is in, there is no seeing clearly.
That said, I am posting photos of my 4 sets. One set is short one block as I just couldn't salvage it in the squaring up, so I had to make a new one. They are all there now.
This was my first time to work with charms and I was very disappointed with them not being all the same size. I will know to use yardage for any other swaps I join. Smiles and hugs....
Attached Thumbnails d4p-set1.jpg   d4p-set2.jpg   d4p-set3.jpg   d4p-set-4-1.jpg  
Old 11-29-2013, 06:24 AM

Very nice, Wildyard. Looking forward to receiving your sets and swapping them out.

To all swappers - I guess there was some confusion concerning the sets. Sounds like I made it 'clear as mud,' right? My apologies. This is the first time I've lead a swap and, as I've said before, there is a learning curve for me. What seems clear to me isn't necessarily clear to others.

I've certainly learned from this months' experience and will plan accordingly for future swaps. Thank you for your patience with me and again, my apologies for any confusion. Please send your sets and I'll do my best to be sure that each of you get a nice variety of D4P blocks in return.

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Jane
Old 11-29-2013, 05:51 PM

I love this pattern. I am thinking about joining so I will read all the rules and maybe things will work out for the next swap. Will the next months swap be posted here or will it be a new posting?