Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 09-12-2013, 09:00 AM

Cool NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU SENT/RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGE!!!!

Ok, some of the teasing is starting to get out of hand. Mentioning that people have joined just to get a package and haven't posted is not going to be tolerated. Feelings are starting to get hurt and I'm not going to stand for it. If I find anyone posting anything such as this, I will ban you from next years Secret Santa. I'm not going to let this happen, Secret Santa is to be fun and even if you mean it as teasing, there are those that don't accept it as teasing and I'm starting to think that you really aren't teasing. I will, if it keeps up, close the thread and just open a thread for sending and receiving.

Those sending overseas/Canada...you are NOT required to get confirmation on your package. I thought I had put that in the rules, but I must have forgotten. ONLY, ONLY those shipping OUTSIDE the US DO NOT have to get a confirmation. Those shipping inside the US are required to do so.

I've had a few people ask to not be assigned to certain people because they are already swapping with them in swaps that are running now. If, for some reason, there is a person you DO NOT want to swap with because you are in another swap with them at this time, let me know. YOU CANNOT PICK WHO YOU CAN SWAP WITH. I want to make sure everyone is happy. This does not mean you get to pick who you want. This is just so you are not swapping with the same person at the same time in different swaps.

Most International/Canada names have gone out

Sign ups will close at MIDNIGHT tomorrow (OCTOBER 1). I'm extending another day because there are a couple that are wanting to join, but are on vacation and won't be back, so I'm being nice!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.....READ THE RULES!!

The deadline to sign up is September 29. You will receive the information for your person by PM by October 1.

First...a bit of unpleasantness....

THE RULES....

1. Mail deadline is November 14th. That is a HARD deadline. No mailing AFTER this time. Since you have almost 2 months, there should be NO excuse for mailing late, unless you are incapacitated or 6 feet under.

2. ALL packages MUST have a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION when sent. Last year there were too many packages that were sent late and a few that were not received. With a Delivery Confirmation, the package can be somewhat tracked when received. If the receiver HAS NOT received their package from you and you said you sent it, you will be required to PROVE your sending with a copy of the mail receipt showing such. The mail receipt will show that you paid for the Delivery Confirmation, along with the zip code that the package was shipped to. So, DO NOT toss the receipt or the Deliveryy Confirmation slip away UNTIL YOU HEAR THAT YOUR PERSON HAS RECEIVED THEIR PACKAGE!

3. IF you cannot adhere to the rules and/or you recieve a package, but do not send one, YOU WILL be banned from ANY further swap(s) I run AND I will also let other swappers know of your action in this swap. I will also post negative feedback for you and will encourage the person with whom you were to send to, to do the same.
Last year we had too many "angels" step forward and send to people who did not receive from their Secret Santa due to people NOT sending.

4. By signing up, means that you have read the rules and that you WILL adhere to them.

5. DO NOT OPEN the package if you are unsure if it's from your Secret Santa. If you aren't sure, just send me a PM and ask me. I can tell you if it's your SS by the address.
For those that will use another address (mom's, sister's, aunt's, etc), if you put maybe some stickers or even write Secret Santa on the package, that would help also.

6. If you are sending overseas, you will be required to attach a Customs Form to the package. It sucks to have to do this, but it's required.
DO NOT make the total of the amount on the Customs Form MORE than $20. Even if the package is worth $1000, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT make the amount for more than $20. If you do, the receiver will have to pay Customs/VAT taxes on the package and we don't want that to happen.
When you fill out the form, you can put ..

Candy---$1.00
Fabric---$5.00
Cup---$10.00
Total--$20.00
This is just an example.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but there have been too many hurt feelings lately in swaps and people NEED to be held accountable for their actions.

Remember, put a card in the package so the receiver knows who the sender is. If you accidentally forget to put the card in once your package is sent, just send the card separately with the same return addy you put on the package.

Now, that the "ugly" is over....

As in the past years, you will send 4 Fat Quarters and a gift(s) NOT to exceed $20. I know some in the past have sent MUCH more than the $20 limit and that cannot be helped. Some people are just a bit more generous than others. That is nothing to get mad about and nothing I can control. Some people are more generous than others. If you send home made baked good, those DO NOT count towards the $20 limit.

You will get 1 (one) name and one name only.
You cannot and will not be able to have 2 people to send to.
The ONLY exception is IF I need a "Santa Angel" because someone has
left the swap due to being ill, dead, or any other incompasitating illness or to just being a flake.
I don't like when this happens, but it does happen regularly.
You can sign up to be an "angel", but it doesn't mean you will.
With "Angels", I try to fit them with the person that is closest to them.
Usually when someone leaves, it's right when the deadline for mailing is ending,
so I want to make sure the package doesn't have to travel a long way.

***I am also making an exception to joining the swap.
Many people have Moms who live with them and enjoy the fun we have.
If Mom wants to join, she has to sign up seperately.
She will get a name to send to and someone will get her name.
The SAME rules apply to her. But...if Mom "flakes" out, YOU will be responsible and get the negative feedback.

If you wish to participate, send me a PM with the following

Board Name:

Name:
Address:

Likes/Wants:

Dislikes/Allergies:

Will you send international?
Canada
Overseas (Europe, South America, Australia, Japan)

Do you have pets?

Do you mind sending/receiving from a smoker?

When addressing your package, put as an example

Santa, Santa's Elf, Jolly Man (just an example of what you can use)
123 Main Street
Any Town, AR 12345
(the address will be YOUR address)

Don't forget....if you have something that can be repurposed, that would be great too!
Make sure it's NOT trash. That has been sent as a gift in the past.
If you have a magazine that is torn/very worn, that IS NOT a repurposed item.
Little baggies of scraps ARE NOT repurposed items. Try to be thoughtful.
If you aren't sure if your person would like what you are sending, just think to yourself...Would I like to recieve this package?
It's as easy as that. This is nothing to stress over and if you are still having a hard time with it, just ask me. I can help you with it.

This exchange is open to ANYONE. Those that are international, will get their information earlier to allow for extra time for packages to arrive to their destination.

Just because you say you can ship international/Canada, DOES NOT mean you will ship to them and/or receive from them. I try to make it fair that if you do sign up for international/Canada, that you do receive from such, but sometimes the numbers don't work out. If I have 10 people that are international/Canada and 20 US people sign up to send, I cannot cut people in half to make it possible for everyone to get the same. Clear as mud?

There will be a chat session, so everyone can come and we can open our gifts together. That date will be determined at a later time.

Remember, this is SECRET. You won't know who is sending to you and the person you are sending to, won't know it's you until reveal day in chat.

If you have ANY questions, please don't hesitate to PM me and ask.

There will be a chat session, so everyone can come and we can open our gifts together. That date will be determined at a later time.

Remember, this is SECRET. You won't know who is sending to you and the person you are sending to, won't know it's you until reveal day in chat.

If you have ANY questions, please don't hesitate to PM me and ask.

Let's have a great time with this.

I do need to add that those who are not in the US or that have names for outside the US, will have to mail early due to the time that it takes to get from one country to another, especially from the US to Canada. Seems it can take up to 4 weeks to get a package to Canada. Those sending to Canada OR overseas DO NOT need a Delivery Confirmation. Just holding the receipt for proof of mailing will suffice.

***If you have ANY questions, please DO NOT hesitate to ask me. Just send me a PM and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Last edited by tlrnhi; 11-06-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 AM

looks like I am the first one to PM you. . I had so much fun last year. I had to hide the package in my sewing room so as not to have to look at it all the time.

Last edited by tlrnhi; 09-30-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:38 AM

I just sent you a PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:37 PM

Yes, Nelco, you were the first one. I should have a prize for that, what ya think?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:37 PM

Once you send me your PM with info, I will then send you back a PM letting you know that I've gotten your info.
If you do not receive a PM back from me, let me know.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:33 PM

This I can't resist....
Old 09-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

Great rules Terri! I got burned once too, but then the angels treated me very well.

I'm in, just sent you a PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:48 PM

I'm in as well. Will send form in a couple of hours.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:12 PM

I'm in for 2 sent Pm
Old 09-12-2013, 06:14 PM

Sounds like fun! I just sent you a PM