Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign up Closes Nov 3rd CDST 4pm >

November Secret Pal Sign up Closes Nov 3rd CDST 4pm

November Secret Pal Sign up Closes Nov 3rd CDST 4pm

Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 AM

So sorry for the loss of your furry family member.
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Off Topic: today I had to put my cat, "kitty" to sleep. He had stopped eating and looked larger around the middle than normal. He had cancer.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 AM

My pkg arrived today from ""Vanuatu Jill" and it was PACKED! In case you have trouble seeing everything she sent I will expound! Three quilt magazines, flower seeds, a pattern for a wall hanging, a pen, embroidery floss, flashlight,Orange thread (Gutermann..my favorite), beeswax, hand sanitizer, Flip Up Journal, coconut soap, Orange Jasmine tea, Ruby red tea, machine needles, tissue holder(adorable with cats on it), cat fabric and a nice note reminding me to tell Lori. (I did that!) Now see for yourselves and Jill, thanks again so much. I hope you get a great package from your SP. I think I have the first "show and tell"!!!!
Attached Thumbnails dscn1955.jpg  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Lori, so sorry to hear about your kitty. Had to put my mom's cat down last Friday...heart wrencing.

Here is what I made for my SP
[ATTACH=CONFIG]375431[/ATTACH]
Front

[ATTACH=CONFIG]375432[/ATTACH]
Inside with Velcro closed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]375433[/ATTACH]
Inside with Velcro opened.

Dear Secret Pal. Thank you for letting me learn something new!
Hint 3:You don't mention any allergies.
Attached Thumbnails img_1884_medium.jpg   img_1888.jpg   img_1889.jpg  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Just about ready to mail, still have some hand sewing to do and ordered something wanted, hope it gets here. Might have to send it on later. Have swapped with her before on other threads. Likes the same colors I do. Need to get the box out and start collecting, celebrates holidays too!
Well, if it's for me Jaba, I don't mind waiting. Know we love the same colors and we love holidays.

OH, BTW, I too have a Brother machine - could be my SP #2!!!!!

Lori, so sorry about kitty. I am a cat people and truly understand the empty feeling at the loss. Lost our 18 year old about 18 months ago - still miss him terribly even though we have another cat - they're never replaced. Hugs to you.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:03 PM

WOW... I missed a bunch....I hate having a the flu...glad to be feeling better today. Working on going shopping for my SP tomorrow! That is if I am eeling up to it!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:20 PM

Lori-so sorry to hear about your fur baby (((hugs)))
Susan!-hope you are over the nasty flu
Missus Fear-L*O*V*E the bag!!

Hint to my pal- we play on at least one other swap together and this month I'll have you on more than one as my partner
Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 PM

I am enjoying the cooler weather today, it is the first really perfect for sewing day we have had.

SP, I had borrowed a few Doggie bones from my MIL, they have a dog, I only have cats now. I was going to put the doggie bones in your SP box, but it looks like the cats decided to play with them! Stewie bats it around and licks it, Bella will grab it from him and tear off across the room... I was wondering how they got a hold of catnip! But it was only a Dog treat. Hubby says we should get them more often. So I think you Dog will be happier with out the treats the cats have had most of the day! (I mailed your package yesterday the only thing I can figure out is one of the cats stole them from the package before I put them in the box!)

I am working on Embroidery machine and it has so many color changes, no time to use the sewing machine, but the Turkey is turning out so cute!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:11 PM

Secret Pal~I have just ordered you something that you wanted and instead of having it shipped to me and then on to you, it will be coming directly to you...and, it may be there before the rest of your package arrives
Old 11-08-2012, 04:26 PM

Lori sorry about Kitty. Know she was special... Aren't all out kitties spoiled???

I am waiting to hear from Krystyna, she was busy when I texted her earlier and said she'd get back to me... They got an apartment so hopefully some furiture and are getting settled in.. I have only received 2-12.5 inch Friendship blocks from Ronda for the quilt, I'd sure like to get it together and start quilting it, so if you offered to make a block please mail soon.. Thanks...Please sign them... Hugs
Old 11-08-2012, 04:37 PM

Lori sorry to hear about your kitty.
I'm glad Krystyna has an apartment.
I hope everyone else is happy and healthy.