Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-19-2011, 11:18 AM

Lori I am so sorry it is not going well this month. Come on everyone..... send those pm's !!!!

First I can't get it to send-- and then is sends twice... such is my life right now !!! I need my home computer back :-(
Old 10-19-2011, 11:24 AM

Lori,
I for one would like to thank you for all you do, and apologize on behalf of all the offenders. I realize how hard it is to keep track of a swap this big, and it sure doesn't help when participants are not cooperating. I say as a hostess, you have the right to just not allow whoever you feel is, umm, uncooperative, from participating in future swaps. Especially those who read your PMs and not respond. Hugs to you and do let me know if I can do anything to help you.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:35 AM

Lori, I appreciate what you're doing and unfortunately, I know a lot about slackers too. Get it together people if you like participating and want to continue to do so, send those PM's to Lori, it only takes a second!!! I want a swap to continue participating in myself!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Lori,
I for one would like to thank you for all you do, and apologize on behalf of all the offenders. I realize how hard it is to keep track of a swap this big, and it sure doesn't help when participants are not cooperating. I say as a hostess, you have the right to just not allow whoever you feel is, umm, uncooperative, from participating in future swaps. Especially those who read your PMs and not respond. Hugs to you and do let me know if I can do anything to help you.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-19-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
We can't start the next swap until this one is under control. People are not sending me pms when they mail and or receive and are truthfully making me angry. I have spent hours researching to get a correct count. We have 54 who have not received yet. 43 have told me that they are in the mail and the other 11 are unknown! I am tired or sending out private messages and not receiving an answer when I can see that the person has read it. The attitude of "will try to mail by the weekend" when you are already 4 or 5 days late is not acceptable to me, or "I am going to a craft show and want to get something there for my sp", wonderful but that craft show is 5 days after the deadline!! I have asked that if you are going to have to mail late to please contact me. I have had a few who have told me that they had to mail late and why and I understand that there are things that come up. But as hostess I think that I deserve the respect of a message that you are mailing late and an answer to a private message sent to you from me. As time goes on I can see just why Suzanne quit. :-(

This is totally unfair to Lori and we are in danger of loosing this swap. If you can't at least give the courtesy of answering her message or sending a message to let her know that you will be mailing late, why are you doing the swap. It isn't fair to Lori or your swap partner. We are all adults and we understand if you have a valid reason for sending late, but it seems that sometimes the reason isn't really valid at all. I don't mean to sound harsh, I'm just being honest. Lori I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this. I hope that you won't give up on us just yet. I really appreciate all the hard work that you put into this swap and enjoy all of the friendships that I am making as a result of it.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
We can't start the next swap until this one is under control. People are not sending me pms when they mail and or receive and are truthfully making me angry. I have spent hours researching to get a correct count. We have 54 who have not received yet. 43 have told me that they are in the mail and the other 11 are unknown! I am tired or sending out private messages and not receiving an answer when I can see that the person has read it. The attitude of "will try to mail by the weekend" when you are already 4 or 5 days late is not acceptable to me, or "I am going to a craft show and want to get something there for my sp", wonderful but that craft show is 5 days after the deadline!! I have asked that if you are going to have to mail late to please contact me. I have had a few who have told me that they had to mail late and why and I understand that there are things that come up. But as hostess I think that I deserve the respect of a message that you are mailing late and an answer to a private message sent to you from me. As time goes on I can see just why Suzanne quit. :-(
Also from the opening of the post

PACKAGES NEED TO BE SENT OUT BY October 14th this is a FIRM deadline (NOT A SUGGESTION). If for some reason you cannot mail by the 14th and are considering not signing up, then send me a private message and we can see if it can be worked out. IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU CANNOT MAIL BY THAT DATE, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP. You can send your package as early as you'd like!

I agree with Lori, going to a craft fair 5 days AFTER the deadline is NO reason to be mailing late. If you want to get something at the craft fair for a swap- make it for a future swap

Lori you gave very clear expectations in the opening directions, and when people are being so very disrespectful of you and your time they absolutely deserve the consequences you have laid out----that they should be prohibited from future swaps. And anyone that planned to mail on time and had a legitimate reason for delay-the very least should be pming you and replying asap. I support you in any way you decide to follow through on those that do not follow the rules. IMHO they are the reason the rules needed to be laid out in the first place.

Lori, just give the people who don't co-operate the axe. I'm not talking about those who have worked things out with Lori. Those are the rules after all. Need an Angel? Just let me know.

Originally Posted by grammyj
I received a GREAT box from Robyn ( Arizonagirl) with all kinds of goodies. An adorable birdhouse wall hanging,cutest little pincushion in a cream pitcher,coasters,magazines, 2 patterns,5 RWB fat quarters that I wanted for a RWB quilt for my grandson that's in the Navy. ruler,box with glue and other things in it that I sure can use.Thank You Soooooooo much Robyn I love all of it!!!
Almost forgot she sent a cute trick or treat bag with snicker bars in it ....2 are missing LOL
:-D
Wonderful package grammyJ!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:59 AM

got my package from nana20010 on tuesday she sent me the cutest butterfly fab and made me a mug with the same, i got raspberry tea butterfingers candy windmill template a rotery blade cutter holder.

thanks nana20010 aka(millie)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-273914.jpe   attachment-273915.jpe  
Old 10-19-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Lori,
I agree with Candi here. You're doing a superb job and unfortunately there are those who don't cooperate. I for one hate to see anyone NOT receive anything so if you need an extra Angel I'm here! A friend of mine always says "courtesy never goes out of style". :wink: