Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-20-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
If anyone has an extra two seconds of time, we could use a few more quilt blocks for Marty. I have 28 who said they were doing them, but Lori has only received 15. Can anyone help?
I have started working on my second block today and hope to have both in the mail by Monday.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:34 AM

Ok had to start taking notes so I could add 2 cents worth at one time.
[IrelandDragonQuilting “It is not rock science”] did you mean geology -study of rocks? is that because rocks are hard, but the rules aren't hard? ;-)
Fayzer – may need those big girl pants –not because I don’t know how to follow the rules, but if I get too much candy lol....there really isn't such a thing as too much candy.

Juli, how is Shane doing? All healed?

Krystyna, no cloning, one of you is enough, you are too unique, and where do we sign up to get one of those NOT SP?

Carrott, that was a good idea to let SP know in a pm if they don't post to make sure they know where to find the thread, and that there is an ongoing chatter on this one.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:34 AM

What a wonderful surprise I received from Hoppa (Jeff) late last week! This was my very first Secret Pal swap & I was rather stressed over making good choices for Jeff. He gave me a bundle of lovelies - the Reese cups did not make the picture, a pin cushion that I just love - you can see that my son already filled it with the pins Hoppa sent, a quilting magazine, a book, a really cute hot pad, some white-on-white fabric (my stash is low on that), and a beautiful bundle of batiks. Thank you so much for spoiling me on my first swap. It was lots of fun. I have the batiks washed & pressed, ready for a project that is evolving in my mind as we speak.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-274260.jpe  
Old 10-20-2011, 07:40 AM

Here are the goodies from the package I received from Moedeenie.
Some lovely blue fabrics (my most fav colour), a fat quarter with the American flag on it, pencil case (11 year old wants it), flavoured teas, flavoured coffees, caramel bar (hubby has his eye on it) threads, chopsticks, autumn napkins, diary (16 year old has been hinting for this as she really likes the pattern on it), lovely chicken pin cushion and a lovely card with needles inside.
Here is a photo of my security guard making sure nothing is taken from my lovely goodies. Thank you Moedeenie.
LindaC
Attached Thumbnails attachment-274262.jpe   attachment-274263.jpe  
Old 10-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by hoppa
krystyna,

i am working on mine this morning as posted on the other board but never heard from you,
Sorry, Hoppa. Was missing posts.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Faye I love the big girl panties picture..LOL Mary
Old 10-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

What beautiful swaps being recieved.Tussy you recieved a very nice swap. Havplenty is the other Mary in Missouri.Unless you talk to her then I am the other Mary.Lots of cute home made items in the swaps this month.Really pretty fabrics too.Love the christmas flower panels.Everyone have a good day. Mary
Old 10-20-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by LindaC
Here are the goodies from the package I received from Moedeenie.
Some lovely blue fabrics (my most fav colour), a fat quarter with the American flag on it, pencil case (11 year old wants it), flavoured teas, flavoured coffees, caramel bar (hubby has his eye on it) threads, chopsticks, autumn napkins, diary (16 year old has been hinting for this as she really likes the pattern on it), lovely chicken pin cushion and a lovely card with needles inside.
Here is a photo of my security guard making sure nothing is taken from my lovely goodies. Thank you Moedeenie.
LindaC
Hi Linda, I am so pleased that you and your family, including your sweet kitty are enjoying your October Secret Pal Package. It was a pleasure putting everything together for you! And how nice that it traveled so quickly!!! Enjoy! Hugs, Moedeenie
Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 AM

Had to go to Hawaii with husband this month while he participated in the Kona IronMan. It was really tough on both of us (lol). Returned home to find a wonderful package from OraLee. It contained some notions I REALLY needed, almost like she could hear me muttering to myself looking for those same things in my wreck of a sewing room. She sent lots of tea to drink, a set of pink charm squares, and some welcomed scraps for my scrap quilt projects. Thank you so much.

Right outside condo back door
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274382[/ATTACH]

"Grampy" with part of his support crew, after swimming 2 1/2 miles, biking 112 miles, and running 26 miles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274383[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-274328.jpe   attachment-274329.jpe   attachment-274330.jpe  
Old 10-20-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Had to go to Hawaii with husband this month while he participated in the Kona IronMan. It was really tough on both of us (lol). Returned home to find a wonderful package from OraLee. It contained some notions I REALLY needed, almost like she could hear me muttering to myself looking for those same things in my wreck of a sewing room. She sent lots of tea to drink, a set of pink charm squares, and some welcomed scraps for my scrap quilt projects. Thank you so much.
well done to your hubby on completing such a marathon task.