Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriotic-Red, White & Blue Block Swap-Sign up closes May 1st, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    *Lots of blocks here, and still waiting on a few~~

Are they there yet....HUH?? HUH?? HUH??? (You know, it's not like I'm anxious to see them or anything like that.)
    I've decided to use mine for a raffle quilt for my local ECA (Extention Community Association) Club. We're a non-profit charity club (what used to be called Home Extention). I just know this is going to be a gorgeous quilt. And after all of our national catastrophies of late, I think patriotic will work perfectly for a raffle. SO....ladies, get off the pot and get all those beautiful blocks sent in!!! Your country is calling to you!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Hahahahaha Libster. Hold your horses. They will come. By the way mine are in. The worst that can happen is if they come when I am on vacation and I will not see them till I come home. I might need to get my adult DD to take pictures and send them to me. She said she was doing some quilting when at the house. Maybe I will have a completed top when I get back,. Now wouldn't that be nice?

Best wishes with your raffle quilt.
    Anna Quilts

"Maybe I will have a completed top when I get back,. Now wouldn't that be nice?"

That would be a dream come true!! When that quilt fairy godmother finishes at your house, pul-leez send her on my way. I would be forever in your debt. (I can dream big, can't I?)

The time is near to receive the patriotic blocks!!!! Excited to see the wonderful blocks! Mariposa, you ROCK!

Just curious what is the status of the blocks being sent out? Haven't heard anything in awhile.

I know it is not an easy task and appreciate all you do Mariposa.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blocks are swapped, and awaiting their final packing. Lots of lovely blocks ladies!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    Blocks are swapped, and awaiting their final packing. Lots of lovely blocks ladies!!
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Oh, Ladies!!! My blocks came today. I am so excited! I humbly bow before each lady and/or gentleman who participated in this swap. I love every single block that I got back. Never doubt just how talented you all are. This quilt is going to raise lots of money for charity. Each of you did such an outstanding job on your blocks. I love all of them, but I think my favorite is the "found fabric" appliqued USA. But then, there's the Uncle Sam and the..... Just wait until you get your packages, you'll see what I mean! The USA will be the centerpiece for my quilt. Thank all of you so much for swapping with me.
    Mariposa, you are the perfect hostess. Thank you so much for the thought, inspiration and the time you've put into this swap. You absolutely made it happen!! I can't wait to see what you have for us next.

Do be watching your mail boxes! All packages were mailed, and on their way! Hopefully, no one got a duplicate block.
    Such a great variety of blocks too~

Thanks to all 19 who played!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I just got my blocks. Thank you everyone who participated. I am super excited about the blocks and can't wait to put them together. the blocks all look wonderful. I plan to sew them all together and then tea dye the whole quilt. Special thanks to our wonderful host Mariposa. You did an awesome job hosting.
    Anna Quilts

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast