Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   " Falling Leaves and Climbing Vines - with a side of dots ! " - Oct 2011 -10 1/2" layer cake Swap.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%22-falling-leaves-climbing-vines-side-dots-%22-oct-2011-10-1-2%22-layer-cake-swap-t157816.html)

luvTooQuilt 10-03-2011 05:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
LuvTooQuilt is hosting another swap!! …….10 1/2" layer cake Swap..

“falling Leaves and Climbing Vines “… with a side of dots

Swap open for registration until 15th of October or until 130 sets filled, whichever comes first.....

Each swapper will submit 12 squares of any 1 (one) UN-washed 100% cotton Leaves, vines, leaves & vines fabric- NO floral ~~{~@ *(no flannel, no homespun, no holiday

***** This UNWASHED swap has been pre-approved by the moderator *******

Squares should be carefully rotary cut from UN-washed 100% cotton fabric. Keep in mind that your squares could end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tears, draggin', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or are fairly easy to see through are not good candidates for this swap.

Please be advised that fabrics that are NOT leaves, vines, leaves and vines , or fabrics that are not square, squares too wonky or too off grain, squares that contain selvages, or those that are not 10.5 or larger, will be returned unswapped. Anything less than MY 10.5 measurement will be returned. If you are unsure of your accuracy, over-sized squares will be accepted as they can be cut down to size if needed be. Will accept any squares larger than 10.5 inches... please nothing over 11 inches as they become hard to put in baggies..

Here’s how it works: - In your packet to me you will enclose:

1 gallon size Hefty non pleated SLIDER bag with 12 ct – 10 1/2 (up to 11) inch squares of ONE fabric for each set

~ Fabric must be UN -washed, ironed and in gallon bags for safe passage thru USPS.

~ Selvages MUST be removed entirely. Including selvage holes.

~ Please remember that each set should be cut from a different unwashed fabric

~ 5-6 sets fit in ONE priority flat rate envelope

~ It is aprox 1 yard per 12ct – 10.5 (up to 11) inch squares. IF your fabric is 44 wide

~ There is a SIX set limit in this swap plus 3 optional TWIST(s)

~ INCLUDE your screen name ON your baggies along with SET amounts.

*********Example- I would like to do 4 (four) sets - (4 sets mean that you would send 12 ct – 10.5 (up to 11 inch squares) from FOUR different fabrics for a total of 48 squares, each set in separate gallon size bag(s)....) so, written legibly with a sharpie marker or pen, on each of my bags will have:

luvTooQuilt X4 (plus 1 twists)

~ You may also include but not mandatory, your real name, mailing address, should your envelope be swallowed by the USPS machines for identification purposes (an adhesive return label perhaps.?. )

~ Please staple a piece of your fabric on the outside of the baggie...
**** A 2x3 inch (aprox) piece of your fabric is required stapled on the outside of the individual baggie for identification purposes. (See pic)

Also in your package INCLUDE Sample pieces of each of your fabric – ( 2x3 tiny strips pieces from your leftover fabric is the prefect size..) Some of you stapled the pieces to a small piece of cardboard/cardstock/paper with an addt’l addy label& board name- (see pic) It is my goal NOT to give you back your fabric square…And this aids me keeping track who sent in what since there are over 100 sets

Also in your package INCLUDE in a sandwich baggie : a self-adhesive return address label, and return priority postage. ($4.95).. And should you require delivery confirmation- highly recommended!!! - An additional $.70 is required. Please remember that if you do not send enough return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed squares to charity.
~ DO NOT HIDE POSTAGE IN THE TWIST BAGGIE... I do not look in the baggies, however you may conceal it in any of your MAIN swap baggies..

~DO NOT mail return SAS envelopes!!!!! Postage ONLY please!!!

***Due to quick turn-around and distance of my bank I WILL NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS***
Postage stamps, USPS money orders (or concealed cash at your own risk) will be accepted as forms for postage/shipping costs..

I would like to have these in hand no later than 10/19/2011 (so with a post mark no later than 10/12/2011 that should give the USPS ample time to deliver with NO grace period.) After 10/12 PRIORITY is recommended. After 10/17, Mandatory OVERNITE shipping is required.... International members need to send them to me sooner- PM for details

Please remember that any packages received after 10/19 will be automatically returned unswapped. Any member not fulfilling commitment will not be accepted in future swaps and negative feedback will be posted to members account per Moderators requirements.

I will then sort 10/20-10/28 and hope to mail out squares on 10/31–No later than 11/1/2011

Reminders and swap rules can be found here - http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

AND THE TWIST…………..a side of dots !!!

~ A set consists of : ONE 10.5in sqs ( OR larger, up to 11 inches) from 5 (Five) different 100% cotton UN-washed DOT fabric.. (Any shade, any color or colors ) So have fun and be creative, as always no flannel, no homespun, no holiday…

~ Each member is allowed UP TO 3 (THREE) sets of the twist. - If you are participating in more than one twist, each baggie must contain five different fabrics from all others submitted…
*(2 sets =10 different fabrics.. 3 sets = 15 different fabrics).
~ You will mail each set in ONE slider **SANDWICH** sized bag labeled with your board name only.. I will then swap bag for bag.

~ Please note:
Squares will not be removed from the baggie. This is on the honor system so please check your squares… !!!! DO NOT hide postage in these baggies
~ You will in return get 5 DIFFERENT squares from another member of this swap per set submitted..
*** This TWIST is optional - Not mandatory to participate in the twist to join this swap ***

@@@@@@@@@@ Please PM me ALL the info below: @@@@@@@@@@

Board name,
How many sets you're doing
Date when you plan ship your package
Your real name
Your mailing address

@@ After all info has been rec’d & you have been approved I will add you to the list of swappers...Confirmation will be your Board Name on the activities page list..

You can find the ACTIVITIES PAGE HERE: http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=214
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Any questions please pm me... I'll be happy to assist...
…Happy quilting everyone!!!!

2x3 SAMPLE ON BAGGIE
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266068[/ATTACH]

2x3 sample pieces of ALL fabric sets submitted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266070[/ATTACH]

luvTooQuilt 10-03-2011 05:13 PM

Comments and updates will be posted here...

10/4-
I sent a PM with hostess info for those that are signed up and on the ACTIVITIES page- please make sure you got it as it has my NEW MAILING ADDY... I got a PO box to 1) help keep the dinky po off the shut down list and keep it open.. 2) all the packages will be safe until I pick them up.. NO PROBLEMS HAVE OCCURRED to date but worth the pre-caution .. 3) I wanna keep my PO lady employed...

So the keep the change fund will go to tape and the PO box monthly fees..

~Thanks everyone for helping me keep the PO open by joining my swaps.. !!!!!

luvTooQuilt 10-03-2011 05:14 PM

List of swappers:

1. Yosamitesa - 2 sets PLUS 3 twist
2. Aunt Sue - 6 sets PLUS 3 twist
3. crafty3790 - 4 sets plus 3 twist
4. grandme26- 6 sets ?? twist
5. homecaregiver - 3 sets plus 2 twist
6. marybrace - 6 sets NO twist
7. mrs sherbert 6 sets plus 3 twists
8. sheriR - 12 sets plus 3 twists
9. pennijannine - 6 sets ?? twist
10. sapdoggie - 6 sets plus 1 twist
11. shelrox - 3 sets plus 1 twist
12. lauriejo - 4 sets plus 2 twists
13. momma_k - 6 sets NO twist
14. Bbemerald - 4 sets plus 3 twists
15. jojo4 - 5 sets NO twist
16. sunrise450 - 6 sets NO twist
17. Katvert - 3 sets NO twist
18. bonitagaye - 3 sets plus 1 twist
19. deenatoo 12 set ?? twist
20. sustraley - 4 sets No twist

luvTooQuilt 10-03-2011 05:14 PM

My lil one is still collecting boxtops for Education..

So if you have some or just one we would love them !!

Yosamitesa 10-03-2011 05:37 PM

Woo hoo!!! I'm in!!!

pennijanine 10-03-2011 05:46 PM

me too!

grandme26 10-03-2011 06:04 PM

ME 3

sapdoggie 10-03-2011 06:10 PM

ME 4

Where do I find this twist oh FEARLESS LEADER :?: :?: :?: :?:

" AND THE TWIST…………..a side of dotd !!! "

HUH :?: :?: :?: :?: If you are participating in more than one twist, each baggie must contain five different baggies from all others submitted…

Not enough chocolate tonight :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SheriR 10-03-2011 06:36 PM

I'm in...I'm in... I promise to cut off my selvages!!!

Gramie bj 10-03-2011 08:07 PM

Question on postage $4.95 +$.70 is this per set? or will it cover up to 6 sets?