Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

SheriR 03-22-2013 05:14 AM

JNTC that is pretty and so fun looking!

barbarakibler23 03-22-2013 07:56 AM

Jnct love the quilt...I am gonna have to go back to your other picture to see how you did that!

love all the colors.

JNCT14 03-22-2013 09:53 AM

Its a fun quilt. When i was cutting the strips for the swap, I just cut one more for the braid and used the template to cut the pieces. I think I got 6 or 7 per strip. you need 250 pieces for a 5 panel quilt that ends up about 50 x 56".

marybrace 03-22-2013 04:31 PM

Today I received 2 more packages of candy...from Nurse Bonnie and quiltingdragon who is almost a neighbor! Thank you very much ladies.

JNCT14 - before I straighten the fabric I have laying around from cutting. I'm going to use your template and cut for a braid. Thank you for telling how many pieces are needed that will really help.

marybrace 03-22-2013 08:04 PM

I'm so sorry for forgetting to thank quiltingdragon for the cute pocket kleenex cover...have read about them and thought it was a good idea but never followed through, Again, thank you.

Mary Ellen

quiltingdragon 03-24-2013 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by marybrace (Post 5947275)
I'm so sorry for forgetting to thank quiltingdragon for the cute pocket kleenex cover...have read about them and thought it was a good idea but never followed through, Again, thank you.

Mary Ellen

I've been teaching the girls at church to make them, and one of them got in with mine... if one of you four March/early April girls gets one that looks like it was made by a preteen, it was :) I just donated the money to the youth fund and told her it sold.

carrot 03-24-2013 08:17 AM

pictures !!

5 Attachment(s)
First let me thank barbarakibler23 for sending me my prize... love them !!!! That is the first picture- the 2nd picture should be the chiclet quilt I am making with my squares.
Then it should be my home made envelopes. I try to use JCPenney adds that come in the paper as I think there paper is a little heavier.

barbarakibler23 03-24-2013 04:29 PM

MaryBrace yeah for you..1 waiting on more right???

Carrot.you are welcome....... and I love your quilt! How big are you planning on making it? are all the "whites" the same? it just makes me want to sew!!!!!!!
also very clever envelope!

Barb

barbarakibler23 03-24-2013 04:34 PM

If anyone has the bug really bad (and you know who you are) Mary at Curious Quilters in running a swap that has the sign up ending tomorrow....I don't remember all the details but here is the link if you want to check it out. Mary is the person who first started me in this love of 2.5 squares (she does not call them candy) That is a SheriR thing :)

Oh heck I don't know how to get a link on here...help me someone

carrot 03-24-2013 05:51 PM

thank you (o: .... it will be 113 x 113 when it is done. the background is a variety of neutrals.

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 5951510)
MaryBrace yeah for you..1 waiting on more right???

Carrot.you are welcome....... and I love your quilt! How big are you planning on making it? are all the "whites" the same? it just makes me want to sew!!!!!!!
also very clever envelope!

Barb