Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

Yosamitesa 01-24-2013 12:22 PM

Those are FUN!!! I went to the quilt shop during lunch and got more BLUES!!!

shortmom5 01-24-2013 01:58 PM

Tam moo, really like the bird fabric, who makes it?

Tam...Moo 01-24-2013 02:28 PM

Bird fabric

Henry Glass ...I also have same with black birds.

Vanogay 01-25-2013 04:31 AM

Talked with my swap partner and we are both working hard on our respective quilts. I'm anxious to see a picture of what Jane has done - picture coming soon. I have some major sewing today - all the rows are set, have to sew them together and then the rows for the quilt are done and ready to be sewn - see what I mean about major sewing today??! Got to go get a quick cup of coffee and then down to the sewing room for the day. Our weather is terrible today, so no one is going anywhere. Schools are closed and many businesses have closed too. Stay safe everyone!

buddy'smom 01-25-2013 06:09 AM

I have worked on mine as well just have a add the borders.

LovingIzabella 01-25-2013 06:49 AM

My special fabric should be here today I hope so I can get it cut and start my piecing!!
Hugs
April

LovingIzabella 01-25-2013 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ughh! My special fabric came in today but I am not sure it'll work :( Marilyn please let me know if you like this or not. I was trying to find a nice colorful bicycle fabric and the picture on the website was much different than on the fabric..it looked like someone riding through the woods...this looks more like BMXers :(
Hugs
April

nclauri 01-26-2013 09:24 AM

My gosh. Some of you sound almost finished. I am working on mine but it is slow going. I only sew on the weekends and that is when I can get some time to myself - and not be on this board! LOL. I need to get sewing.

leakus 01-26-2013 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by nclauri (Post 5814959)
My gosh. Some of you sound almost finished. I am working on mine but it is slow going. I only sew on the weekends and that is when I can get some time to myself - and not be on this board! LOL. I need to get sewing.

HI nclauri,
I am there with you. If I am lucky I can sew weekend and squeeze in an evening. I put together 2 blocks out of the 9 that go into the center. Last night I chain pieced some squares and tomorrow I am planning to get the center done.
I think we have time.
andrea- leakus

Boop56 01-26-2013 10:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey ladies. just a really quick question. I am an angel [volunteer but they call us angels] at Give Kids the World here in Kissimmee Florida. {look it up if you would like} They offer childern who have been diagnoised with terminal illness a week TOTALLY expse free week of fun. Disney and universal and Sea World, air fare, transportation and much more. Anyway, I also sew pillows for these children. In the castle they get to come in and go to 'Elmer' the tree. He lets them get a pillow from among his branches. They tug and pull on a vine then the tree starts to shake and then when they look in the trunk, they have their own pillow. You should see the eyes on these kids. AMAZING. off track again...sorry. Looking for fat quarters that are kid oriented. Does anyone know where I can get them cheap. The pillow is an envelope form but there is a pocket on the front. Just really looking for cheap kid friendly fabric since this is all donation work. Thanks for all your help!!!! The second pic is of the pocket on front and the third is the back. I always tell the kids when they leave 'Angel wings, Butterfly kisses and Faere Dust all around.